Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone or htc desire if already have iPad

Options
  • 11-04-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm at the end of an 02 contract and have a krappy old phone. So I'm going to get either an iPhone or a HTC Desire S.

I've read through similar threads already but the different question I'm asking is - because I already have a (simless) iPad, should that really sway me towards one or the other. (feeling a bit of consumer guilt asking this, I'm lucky to be asking such a question I know!)

- So I'm swayed towards htc because I can have best of both worlds and play around with both ios and android, nothing really new with an iphone, as I have an iPad first they just seem like teeny ipads to me.

- But I'm also swayed towards an iPhone so I can use a lot of the apps that I've already bought. And can easily share and sync stuff from one application, ie iTunes.

I just don't want to end up kicking myself that there's something else I didn't think of why one my be better to get.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It just sound to me that you dont want the iPhone because its a scalled down version of the iPhone.

And would rather go for the Desire S since it offers a whole new experience.

Ill all falls down what do you actually want from the phone?

Theres alot of apps on Android Market that are on iOS too. So basic stuff will be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Desire S would also give you wireless tethering for the ipad. The iphone would just be the same as the ipad - but you can also make calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

I'm quite lucky, cause I have use of all three devices. The desire (admittedly not the refreshed s version) is a good phone, no doubt about that. Peso ally, it didn't do "it" for me. The android Market is weak, hard to use and full of poor to average apps, clogged up with google advertising.

Ultimately it was the battery life that killed the desire for me amd my insitiution fully supports ios,, but not android/BB,with workflow apps, etc.

The iPhone and iPad are similar, but different. iPad is great for getting work done, the iPhone great for keeping in touch.

Personally, I find the iPad/iPhone combo greet. I don't think android adds much, unless you want to do things like "root" the phone, add custom roms, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 papa-lazarou

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm leaning more towards the iphone now. The one thing about the desire is that it's a bit of an unknown entity for me, whereas I know exactly what I'm getting with an iphone. And it seems like it might be a better combo.

cheers

Advertisement