Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc sms digi issue

Options
  • 11-04-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all hope you can help so i had the provider changed over from eircom to upc and i have an sms digi installed on a hkc panel im just getting sms busy on sending test texts any ideas?? iv a feeling it wont work with upc!!!
    can anyone tell me if there is any workarounds or settings to be changed on the panel to make it work,

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

No it won't work. UPC's network is not SMS enabled. If you have the engineer code go into the engineers menu and go into the coms menu. Delete the phone numbers from the menu and disconnect the eircom line from the digi. Power the panel down by removing the mains and battery then power it back up. The fault should be cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clarke85

cheers for the info,didnt know that i would've expected that upc would be sms enabled with all their high tech network,looks like a gsm will have to be bought how much are they now days?any iseas thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

An easier option would be to turn off the line monitor if you are getting a line fault. The HKC GSM-P can be bought for 320 Euro in R.E.W. Very easy to fit also. If you where to buy a voice dialer for the alarm this would work out cheaper but with the HKC GSM you will have more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clarke85

thanks,
    voice dialler will wrk with upc right?? if so how much are they roughly,what happen wen it rings me is it a prerecorded message on the card played back on the phone to me wen i answer?yeah i believe i can arm and disarm with the gsm prob beter option but need to save money too

Correct. A standard voice dialer would cost 100 Euro, it plays a prerecorded message once the alarm activates. With the HKC GSM you would have more control over the alarm plus a more detailed message about any alarm activation on your system, you will also get a verified text if PIRs are fitted in the premises.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

altor wrote: »
    Correct. A standard voice dialer would cost 100 Euro, it plays a prerecorded message once the alarm activates. With the HKC GSM you would have more control over the alarm plus a more detailed message about any alarm activation on your system, you will also get a verified text if PIRs are fitted in the premises.

hi altor, what do you mean by verified text? i fitted a gsm-p today, and all events are notified to all numbers programmed, such as status, alarm arming and disarming, is this normal?

ingen wrote: »
    hi altor, what do you mean by verified text? i fitted a gsm-p today, and all events are notified to all numbers programmed, such as status, alarm arming and disarming, is this normal?

A verified text is if a second activation of another device on the system. If you have a pir in the premises then you will get another activation also meaning you will know some one is in the premises.

The alarm events is set up in the sms text menu, text phone options. In here you can change what is reported to your phone.

Advertisement