Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

practical engineering

• 11-04-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

leaving cert practial pieces..any one finding them hard???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

sideways83 wrote: »
    leaving cert practial pieces..any one finding them hard???
    They aren't too bad tbh...

What's so tough about them? The mild steel piece is an absolute nightmare because it's so difficult to work with with just bench tools but i'm just filing down the interior cut out now. But besides that they're all fairly doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

ah just sick o them tbh.
    have started most pieces again.
    any f
    for sale..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

sideways83 wrote: »
    ah just sick o them tbh.
    have started most pieces again.
    any f
    for sale..:rolleyes:
    Which parts are you having trouble with? If you want a quick way of dealing with the mild steel part just drill through the slot a few times with a 13mm bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Is it only the 4 or 5 pieces that has to be done before the actual exam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

3 lathe pieces and one bright mild steel piece need to be completed for the day. 1 polycarbonate piece, 1 aluminium piece and 2 brass pieces can be cut to the correct dimensions for the day. You could do this on the day but why give yourself the extra pressure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

I didn't have my folder for the snow mobile fully completed on time so me a few others are not allowed into class as the rest are making the day pieces

Bloddy wanker i'm screwed for the day piece now

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

lously..
    sur half of our folders ar not up yet

Advertisement