Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New junction Whitestown/Huntstown

Options
  • 11-04-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Having used the new junction between Whitestown and Huntstown with all its new lights and separate lanes it appears to operate a lot less efficiently than the old roundabout:mad:

Surely this is a case of "if it aint broke":confused:

Why did they do this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Having used the new junction between Whitestown and Huntstown with all its new lights and separate lanes it appears to operate a lot less efficiently than the old roundabout:mad:

Surely this is a case of "if it aint broke":confused:

Why did they do this???

I have to agree, i cam through this in the afternoon and I think it was a pointless excercise...thats old junction moved quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

All sides of the junction had the same priority, with the new junction the bus lane direction will get a higher priority, it's been done to basically get the buses out and on to the N3 quicker in the morning for those commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Sharrow wrote: »
    All sides of the junction had the same priority, with the new junction the bus lane direction will get a higher priority, it's been done to basically get the buses out and on to the N3 quicker in the morning for those commuting.

I wonder will it make enough difference to warrant the delays to everyone else, I'm guessing no. At best I'd say it'll move the delay up the road a bit.
    I don't get the bus that often so I am a bit biased;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Nearly 20 mins today at 5:30 to get from Mulhudard Village and through the new junction and taffic backed up everywhere, going to be awful come the weekend.

Yeah, it was just slightly bugging me yesterday but went through it today and realised what a real inconvenience this is going to be.

2:30 today, not the busiest time of day you would think, traffic was backed up to the bridge coming from Mulhuddart village and then when I turned right at the junction I passed traffic backed up past the entrance to Briarwood Lawn:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sporting dogs

they got rid of the roundabout and put up traffic lights cos we just cannot be trusted to use a roundabout properly haha

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Pointless set-up...

As a previous poster mentioned if it aint broke...

Getting out of whitestown is a nightmare,and I cant believe they took nearly 9 months to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

I agree that it seems to have been a complete waste of time and money. It causes traffic bulid up at quiet times and causes gridlock at peak times.

What can we do? Who's the best person to contact and lodge a complaint about this?

I'm not normally one to make a fuss but this is silly.

Advertisement