Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand from the Sahara dumped on Galway.

Options
  • 11-04-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Southerly winds over the previous week brought a huge cloud of sand up over the West of Ireland this past weekend.Every car,every door and every window in Galway is covered in brown sand and dust.You may have noticed it already:).It happens every so often.There was also a nice bright red or orange tinge to the clouds last night over the city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Preferred the Icelandic volcanic ash myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Didnt know it had happened. Wasnt as evident as other times.
    Still its cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

Cheers for the heads up. I was wondering who i should call to ask about the **** all over my car. Mine and the Mrs's car are absolutely covered in sandy rain water. Typically, this happens only one week after I washed her car for her (first time ever). At least I now know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 code187.2010

We had it in cork as well. got up to find the car covered on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Funny that, i went out to the car on Sunday morning and noticed dust/sand all over the car. Couldn't for the life of me figure out what happened:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭goatboy1000

Same here. Gave the car a much needed wash on Saturday evening and found it covered in crap Sunday morning. Thought it was the neighbours out with the power washer. Good thing I didn't try and get them back like I was going to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Same here, I was also wondering what it was. Luckily I didn't wash the car last week like I planned to.

Wish they'd share some of their weather as well as the sand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kosmo

Cheers for the heads up. I was wondering who i should call to ask about the **** all over my car. Mine and the Mrs's car are absolutely covered in sandy rain water. Typically, this happens only one week after I washed her car for her (first time ever). At least I now know what it is.

Same here
    i washed my car for the first time this year and the next day it was covered in dusts...
    i also wanted to know what was it.

Advertisement