Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeater for Wireless Network

Options
  • 11-04-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a wireless network at home. There are some parts of the house that are not covered by the network and so I bought in a repeater.

I gave the repeater the same SSID as the router. But this appears to be generating a conflict with some of my wireless devices - eg internet radio.

Can I give the repeater a different SSID to try to avoid this conflict?

And can I connect the repeater to a wired switch I have downstairs to improve the signal? And give it a different SSID?

Rgds,

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Dummy wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a wireless network at home. There are some parts of the house that are not covered by the network and so I bought in a repeater.

I gave the repeater the same SSID as the router. But this appears to be generating a conflict with some of my wireless devices - eg internet radio.

Can I give the repeater a different SSID to try to avoid this conflict?

And can I connect the repeater to a wired switch I have downstairs to improve the signal? And give it a different SSID?

Rgds,

D.

Can you give some information on Model, Brand etc So we can understand what you are doing? What mode did you set the AP to?

Advertisement