Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who can I ask if a photograph is superimposed?

• 11-04-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

I have a photograph that I feel is superimposed. What type of person can I approach to check to see if it is superimposed? - ie. would it be a photographer or a computer person?. I would be most grateful for advice.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

I'd say more a computer person, but a lot depending on its content.
    I'm sure a professional photoshop user would probably be your best bet.

If its not too personal or anything you could throw it up or pm it to me and I'll give it look over in PS, try zooming in on the pixels or something maybe.

(I'm no expert though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Hi Smokie. Unfortunately I don't have access to a scanner. It is a copy of a photograph. I don't have the original photograph.

Ah I see, automatically thought it was a digital photo.

that could make it harder or easier depending on the age of the photo.

If its a new photo it will be harder to tell as its just a copy and was possibly done with Photoshop with is ridiculously powerful.

If its an old photo, pre Photoshop days, might be a bit easier to tell.

Good luck

Thanks Smokie. It is about 5/6 months.

Hi Smokie. Do I request the "Digital File" - is that the correct term?. Also, could you tell me what is the difference between a "Hard copy of a photo" and the "Digital File"?. Is it the "Digital File" that I am looking for?.:confused:

• Advertisement

A hard copy of the photo is I presume just a print of the photograph.

The 'Digital file' as you call it will be where the photo is taken with a digital camera and the uploaded to a PC or laptop. It will then be a 'jpeg'.

So the original 'digital file' of the photo will be a jpeg on the computer it was uploaded on.

But to be honest if you think it may be 'superimposed', then I doubt very much the original jpeg even exists. When you photoshop (superimpose) a photo then you just save it as a jpeg too and sometimes just replace the original file or photo that existed in the first place.

This photo your talking about, do you think its really really been tampered with or is it just a small detail in the photo you think has been messed with?

Hi Smokie. Thanks a million for your excellent explanation. Yes, I feel the photo has been tampered with. I will request the "Digital File of the Picture" - putting it in very simple language. I will be interested to know if I will get it or not. You have been a tremendous help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Can you tell us a little of the background to this? I'm very curious, why do you think it has been tampered with?

You should know that the photographer is not necessarily under any obligation to give you a digital copy. If he's a wedding photographer or something similar he's only obliged to give what was agreed.

Anyway, if you can get a digital copy or scan the one you have there are plenty of people here that can take a look and give an opinion. But it depends on the photograph and it is never going to be more than an opinion, there is no way to scan it and detect tampering.

Any Joy??

Advertisement