Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARMAGEDDON XV International Muay Thai Line up May 7th

• 11-04-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BridgestoneThai

Tickets are now available for the next installment of Bridgestone Gyms Armageddon series of International fightnights. "ARMAGEDDON XV" will take place at the Ringside Club, beside National Boxing Stadium, Sth Circular Road, Dublin 8. Doors open at 7pm, first fight 7.30pm, Saturday 7th May. The tickets are on sale from The Bridgestone Gym, Arbour Place, Stoneybatter or Mullens Sports, Mary St. / Capel St. in the city centre. Tickets are 25euro each. Full bar facilities. There will be no less than 10 international bouts plus 4 supporting domestic bouts.

The Line up is as follows:

IMC/UKMF Anglo Irish Junior Lightweight Title
    Stephen Meleady (Bridgestone Gym, Dublin) v Jose Varela (KO Bloodline Gym, London)

IMC/UKMF Anglo Irish Flyweight Title
    Ferial Ameeroedien (Bridgestone Gym, Dublin) v Sophie Hawkswell (Pegasus Gym, Leeds)

'A' class 56kg Ireland v Scotland International Fight
    Robert McGivern (Langka Thai, Belfast) v Stevie Lochhead (GTB, Glasgow)

'B' class 70kg Ireland v Portugal International Fight
    Jonathan Bracken (Bridgestone Gym, Dublin) v Ricardo Madeira (TNS, Lisbon)

'B' class 56kg Ireland v Scotland International Fight
    James O Connell (Courage Thai, Clonmel) v Jason Dick (GTB, Glasgow)

'B' class 70kg Ireland v Portugal International Fight
    Paul Norton (Chupasart Gym, Dublin) v Joao Roberto (TNS, Lisbon)

'B' class 73kg Ireland v Portugal International Fight
    Sean Long (Courage, Clonmel) v Flavio Santos (TNS, Lisbon)

'B' class 59kg Ireland v Scotland International Fight
    Paul Canavan (Bridgestone Gym, Dublin) v David Harvey (Badboy Gym, Glasgow)

'C' class 59kg Ireland v England International Fight
    Kelly Creegan (Bridgestone Gym, Dublin) v Lianne Sweeting (Pegasus Gym, Leeds)

'B' class Ireland v TBC International Fight
    Naoise Creaven (Bridgestone Gym, Dublin) v T.B.C.

Domestic bouts:

'C' class 59kg Fight
    Pat Hickey (Bridgestone Gym) v Dave Phelan (Waterford Thai)

'C' class 67kg Fight
    Gary Meleady (Bridgestone Gym) v Christian Sheehan (Sitjaipetch Cork)

A few more domestic bouts to be anounced shortly.
    TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FROM THE BRIDGESTONE GYM AND MULLENS SPORTS, CAPEL ST/MARY ST.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sean long

line up looks good:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Bridgestone_Poster_2011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭martinh

i see alot of pain for the portuguese that night

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eddy L

Good oul portuguese bums always good for a kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

Aye thats what i thought after seeing them fall over fro years at shows here... bring them over make my lads look good....

... so I brought 3 of them over last november... first one stopped irish lad in 1st rnd, second one stopped irish lad in 2nd rnd, and 3rd one went to the wire with one of my best fighters...

... just my luck, gonna try the polish lads fro my next show

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BridgestoneThai

Ha, dont worry the 3 Portugese lads that are coming over will be no pushovers. One of them went 5 rounds with Aslan from our gym, no Irish fighter has lasted more than 2 rounds with him in a pro fight so they aint going to be no pushovers. And all the UK fighters from 4 different gyms all well experienced heads so aint going to be any easy fight on this show. Never is on an Armageddon.

Two more matches confirmed

'B' class 76kg Fight
    Naoise Creaven (Bridgestone Gym) v Liam McGill (Eire Siam, Limerick)

'C' class 68kg Fight
    Colly Collymore (Newry Thai) v Steven Mulvaney (Loachra Thai, Galway)

Tickets are now abialable at the following clubs and shops etc.

THE BRIDGESTONE GYM (087 2591425) Arbour Place, Stoneybatter, Dublin.
    Mullens Sports (corner of Capel St and Mary St.)
    Chupasart Gym, Walkinstown , Dublin.
    Courage Thai , Tipperary

ARMAGEDDON XV International Muay Thai Line up May 7th
    "ARMAGEDDON XV" will take place at the Ringside Club, beside National Boxing Stadium, Sth Circular Road, Dublin 8. Doors open at 7pm, first fight 7.30pm, Saturday 7th May. Tickets are 25euro each. Full bar facilities. There will be no less than 10 international bouts plus 4 supporting domestic bouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Paul, its Colly Campbell not Colleymore.....that's probably Stan you're thinking of:)

Hi all,

One week to go for this International Muay Thai and tickets still available at the venues above and some of the particpating clubs, Bridgestone Gym, Chupasart Thai and Courage Thai.

Yeah Dave its Cambell but Sean said Colly was a womanising heavy drinker that frequented nightclubs too often so must have got slightly mixed up hee,hee.

Bridgestone Gym.

• Advertisement

There are still tickets available at the Gyms above and Mullens Sports. There will be tickets available on the door at the Ringside Club this Saturday. Doors open at 7pm.

Can't wait! Who's going from here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

me and I am going to slap the wee baldy head off you when i see you

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

I be there i have missed the last two armaggedons looking forward to this one.

Its not like an armaggedon to still have tickets left on the door.

I'll be there Khannie ;)

chprt wrote: »
    me and I am going to slap the wee baldy head off you when i see you

Bring it on fatty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Anyone going to video the fights and stick em on the youtube for poor old me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Great nite of fights, main event was cracker, meleady by decision

Crackin' night out as usual. Every fight was brilliant! Couldn't believe the standard. Fight of the night was Stevies. The other guy scored some good punches but Stevies kicking was brilliant. Lots of clean, unanswered kicks. A well deserved win. A great pro debut from his brother too.

The Portuguese lads showed great heart. Aslans lad kept coming for more despite taking a shockin hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

+1 on meleadys fight being the fight of the night, what a war, the athmosphere was something else. Its very obvious why the armageddon shows sell out

• Advertisement

Some really excellant fights last night and a deserved win for Steven Meleady, very impressive against a very strong opponent.

Peetrik wrote: »
    Its very obvious why the armageddon shows sell out

Eh this show was not a sell out they only sell out because the ringside holds 300 or something like that try fill the basketball arena or the the boxing stadium.

Eddy L wrote: »
    Eh this show was not a sell out they only sell out because the ringside holds 300 or something like that try fill the basketball arena or the the boxing stadium.

Filled the red cow before. Not sure how many that is, but it was a lot. The stadium isn't actually a great venue for a night like the Armageddon because of bar restrictions. Arena's too far out. That was the quietest I've ever seen it in all the years I've been going tbh. A pity because it was an amazing night of fights.

Khannie wrote: »
    Filled the red cow before. Not sure how many that is, but it was a lot. The stadium isn't actually a great venue for a night like the Armageddon because of bar restrictions. Arena's too far out. That was the quietest I've ever seen it in all the years I've been going tbh. A pity because it was an amazing night of fights.

Ye it was quiet enough could be because off the 2 bank holidays the 2 previous weekends??? ...... great nite of fights tho

To be honest i enjoyed it better this time.Any other time ive have had to stand for 5hrs this time i got a seat.

The Ringside is a horible venue especialy for some good fights and fighters they desreve a better venue to show of there skills,just my honest opinon.

All in all a good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

any of this up on youtube yet?

Not that I'm aware. It's not standard practice for it to go up on youtube either and I don't think Paul is selling the DVD's this time around. You seem like a sound lad though, I might make you a copy in exchange for...let's say....some cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sean long

was a top show and all i can say was thanks to paul for putting this show on and bringing over so many international fighters for us

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    Not that I'm aware. It's not standard practice for it to go up on youtube either and I don't think Paul is selling the DVD's this time around. You seem like a sound lad though, I might make you a copy in exchange for...let's say....some cake.

Listen hear, if anyones getting some cake its me you bitch, you not getting a copy of show unless i get some of that cake. You want the snickers diva on your hands again.

Hey Sean, thanks, the fighters make it all right, lucky red corner this time 10 out 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kellyc

the AMOUNT of snickers you ate on sat night!!! :eek:

And him in the run up to a fight. ;)

Advertisement