Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Repairs

• 12-04-2011 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for a place in town (or county even) where they would repair a iPod Touch. What is wrong with it is that it wouldn't connect to the computer hence no putting music on or charging it. Warranty is long expired. Goes without saying maybe but I am also looking for a good price :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

have you tried to upgrade the firmware on it yet op ,,might be a cheap option before spend moneys on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭aziz

does it say that you have to restore the ipod when you connect to a pc,if so try changing the letter of the drive,sometimes that works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Did you try reseting it press the top and bottom buttons at the same time and hold for about 15 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

Yea guys I tried everything that they suggest on the Apple website. Including resetting it :( I just think someone really good needs to have a look at it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

If it's not connecting or charging, it sounds like the connector is damaged. Have you tried using a different cable, or connecting it to another computer?

• Advertisement

Gadgie wrote: »
    If it's not connecting or charging, it sounds like the connector is damaged. Have you tried using a different cable, or connecting it to another computer?

I did, it's not the cable, nor it's the computer, it's definitely the iPod...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

I've used this crowd in the past, and they've proved to be very efficient:

http://www.ipodrepaircentre.ie/

You just post your iPod with a form detailing whats wrong with it enclosed. Hope it goes well for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

You could try that person who fixes mobiles. I never went to him, but judging by reports on here he seems to have mystical powers of fixing.

Cool, how, or where do i find this guy? Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Hi there's a guy in slieverue who fixes electronics, everything from phones to games consoles he fixed mine and some of the lads ps3. He might be worth a call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Ellie1984 wrote: »
    Cool, how, or where do i find this guy? Thanks :)
    I don't know, but he seems to work above a shop in red square.

Try google "mobile phone repair waterford boards.ie"

Advertisement