Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who should take over after Vince?

• 12-04-2011 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I personally thought Shane would, but it has looked for some time that HHH is going to be the one taking over.

What I can see happening is that HHH takes over but Stephanie becomes the Raw GM. I'd love to see Shane as a commentator though, but he left last year sadly.

Comments

Doubt we'll see Stephanie on TV for a long, long time in a recurrent role. Unless he dies in the meantime, Triple H will most certainly be taking over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Shane has a horrible mind for the Wrestling business and doesnt have the work ethic you need to succeed apparently. No offence to people when people with ADD but he is very ADD.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Matt986

I never knew Shane wasn't that into the business. Shame really as out of all the McMahons he was easily my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

Shane should have done it but its more than likely going to go to Stephanie and Triple H. I've seen many reports about how Vince never gave Shane any support or made any attempt to praise any of his ideas about the business but if Triple H or Stephanie offered any idea Vince would think it the greatest thing he ever heard. I've also read that Vince verbally humilitated Shane in front of the writers and that Stephanie has been bad-mouthing Shane to everyone in the wrestling business for years.

It was always said that Shane took after his mother more than he took after his father - in that he was polite and business like backstage - while Stephanie took more after her father than her mother - in that she was driven and opinionated backstage - so it may be a case of Shane being forced out so Vince could leave the company in the hands of someone who reminds him of himself.

Even so it should be remembered thet Vince Jnr. was nothing like Vince Snr. and the change in ownership breathed new life into the company and sent it on to bigger and better things. So if Vince has deliberately allowed Stephanie to usurp Shane's rightful place as heir apparent then it may not be the best of ideas.

To be honest I have, for some years now, held the idea that the WWE wouldn't hold together without Vince McMahon to be quite plausable. I could honestly see Shane and Stephanie competing with each other using off-shoots of the WWE, but that was before Shane quit the company as an active staff member. Now I can only see the WWE stagnating with the Stephanie/Triple H pairing taking over in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

drayme wrote: »
    Shane has a horrible mind for the Wrestling business and doesnt have the work ethic you need to succeed apparently. No offence to people when people with ADD but he is very ADD.

i would have shane before stephanie and her "college buddies" every day of the week, floyd mayweather was shanes idea and that was one of my favourite mania matches of recent times, stephanie thought pushing koslov and dan rodimer to the stars would be a good idea, if people think wwe is bad now just wait till steph and hhh get full control with lackey laurinaitis in tow, hhh is a guy who thought kurt angle was "too small" to be champ, and steph will push every attractive musclehead she sees

btw lol at the report that hhh signed up mistico, wwe have been after him for years

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i would have shane before stephanie and her "college buddies" every day of the week, floyd mayweather was shanes idea and that was one of my favourite mania matches of recent times, stephanie thought pushing koslov and dan rodimer to the stars would be a good idea, if people think wwe is bad now just wait till steph and hhh get full control with lackey laurinaitis in tow, hhh is a guy who thought kurt angle was "too small" to be champ, and steph will push every attractive musclehead she sees

btw lol at the report that hhh signed up mistico, wwe have been after him for years

Laurinaitis isnt their lackey he will get the bullet if Steph gets power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Definetly one of the geniuses on this forum.

Trying hard a wee bit here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Maybe if Liverpool don't sign up Dalglish for next season he might take over from Vince.Ok thats a load of Bollocks but clearly HHH & Stephanie are taking over but i'm not convinced by either of them at the moment.Since they joined the booking department things haven't exactly improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Can you give a few examples of this? Genuine question by the way, I don't know much about what goes on backstage.

• Advertisement

Never heard anything of the sort about Shane before.

I believe that not too long ago (not long before the Mayweather angle) there was a big mish-mash backstage about WWE.com? Apparently Shane and Steph went head to head over how it should display content.

Stephanie wanted it built on the characters of the wrestlers and as though they all hated each other and it was a legit sport (as it is these days). Shane wanted it to be more like the "dirt sheets", and have it based on the real world of wrestling and what goes on backstage and such (like a website version of PowerSlam magazine).

Eventually it was decided, by Vince, of course, that Stephanine should oversee WWE.com and Shane should leave her be with it. I think it was shortly after this that Shane wanted Mayweather for 'Mania, and it was an uphill battle all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

No offence to people when people with ADD but he is very ADD.

Maybe its what WWE needs these days.

Dancor wrote: »
    Maybe its what WWE needs these days.

Works so well for IMPACT right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Shane would have been the best person to take over. He is more in tune with what's cool today than anyone other McMahon. He wanted to get an MMA influence in wrestling for years and wanted Vince to buy Strikeforce (Or Pride, can't remember which) before the UFC boom began. Shame he left the company.

Steph in charge would be a mixed bag, I'd say the company would look exactly like it does now.

HHH on the other hand (And the man who is apparently taking over when Vince steps down) will do wonders. Apparently people have been saying that on the shows he worked on the athmosphere was alot more relaxed and people were praised for their work. He knows how to keep everyone happy and he has great ideas himself. I think every year he brings up to Vince that he should do a War Games match every year which is a brilliant idea. Sure HHH doesn't like a certain type of wrestler, but every booker has a style they don't like. I think he knows what's good for the business and I cannot wait to see what he does with the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can you prove any kind of literature over the web about Shane's apparent ADD? I've never heard it before. I'm sure it would've come up when Shane left, I've been reading the dirtsheets for years now.

AFAIK, Shane is a tremendous businessman. He's the chief component of why WWE is still making great money -- by selling the product overseas. Without that market WWE would be in a lot of trouble. I always heard that Shane was always more interested in MMA, and mostly spent his 'creative time' thinking of ways to work MMA into wrestling :p

He's over in China now (well, not right now, he's golfing lol) setting up the PPV market. He sounds like a fantastic businessman. Vince never had any time for him though. It was Vince and Daddy's Little Girl (and husband) vs whatever Shane came up with.

I wish Stephanie was talented, I've never heard anything about her backstage that'd suggest she's any kind of wrestling acumen or decent business sense....

I want people who love Pro-Wrestling and eat/sleep/breathe this business (and not half-baked B.S. outside ventures) and so (*excusing the chaperone) I believe that Triple H is a very good candidate for the job. He headed the last European tour and got rave reviews for his sensible professionalism.

Of course I'd push Heyman, Cornette, Lagana etc too lol

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Can you prove any kind of literature over the web about Shane's apparent ADD? I've never heard it before. I'm sure it would've come up when Shane left, I've been reading the dirtsheets for years now.

AFAIK, Shane is a tremendous businessman. He's the chief component of why WWE is still making great money -- by selling the product overseas. Without that market WWE would be in a lot of trouble. I always heard that Shane was always more interested in MMA, and mostly spent his 'creative time' thinking of ways to work MMA into wrestling :p

He's over in China now (well, not right now, he's golfing lol) setting up the PPV market. He sounds like a fantastic businessman. Vince never had any time for him though. It was Vince and Daddy's Little Girl (and husband) vs whatever Shane came up with.

I wish Stephanie was talented, I've never heard anything about her backstage that'd suggest she's any kind of wrestling acumen or decent business sense....

I swear Ive entered some alternative reality here. Your comments are really odd considering you claim to read newsletters anyone who works for Stephanie sings her praises.

Shane on the other hand:
    Also the general view of him on the creative end is that he’s not very good. While people have sympathy for him because of how Vince shoots his ideas down in such an unpleasant manner, one noted the ideas he came up with were rarely very good.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/11042/137/

I am not going to trawl though hours of audio from the time of his departure or from the Formerly Creative podcast on the ADD thing. Shane was similar too his Shane-O-Mac on screen character in terms of being hyperactive. Thats NOT to take away from how well he ran the WWE's media arm or how well he treated his staff. But he isnt cut out to be Vince's successor at the end of the day.

Advertisement