Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

young driver classiccar insurance

Options
  • 12-04-2011 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

im 19 and atm i hav a prov licence , i hav 2 years NCB insured as a named driver on my older brother . Iv'e been payin nearly 3 thousand every year .

now i want to get a small 1 litre classic car , starlet boxy etc. they are over 20 years and should be classed as a classic car .

And i'm wondering if i bought a starlet and my father was the registered owner and he has his own (classic insurance & open drive) policy , could i drive the car legally with me not havin an insurance policy ,??

need to find a cheap way of being insured .
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I suspect you wanted the motors section;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Registered Users Posts: 28 code187.2010

I don't think there is a standard age a car becomes a classic in Ireland for insurance purposes. And all of classic policies have mileage limits of 2000-5000 mls a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement