Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snake tattoo

Options
  • 12-04-2011 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hoping for a bit of help here.
    I have always wanted a snake tattoo not sure why but I just do. After a lot of thinking iv decided im going to put it on ribs. I absolutely dont want a big tattoo but im finding it very hard to find a small snake tattoo that would fit there.
    Has anybody come across any nice ones? It would be all black too I dont want any colour.
    Id like to have some idea about what I want before I head in.
    Also where would the best place in Galway be to get it and what roughly are the prices these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

start off by finding an artists , checking out there work ect and see if it suits ,

id say posibe the sholder or back is a great spot for a small snake or on your upper arm

then ask them to draw you up somthing
    my sister go's to a guy called juniour in galway

price usualy depends on the artist ranging from 75-100 per hour ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

whatsyourquota i see your heading to south east asia.
    i know a few great tattoo artists in bangkok and the islands that would put the shops in Galway to shame.
    Way cheaper and if you want animal tattoos they are some of the best I have seen,bamboo will give you finer detail than the needle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭whatsyourquota

Il definately be getting it on my ribs anyway because I dont want it anywhere too noticable. Where does that guy work do yo know?

I was thinking about getting the tattoo when I was away but my only worry would be if it is safe.
    Are the hygenic enough when it comes to needles an stuff and also Im not sure I would want to ruin my trip if I got an infection and also I dont think Icould go swimming with ti?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

beagle001 wrote: »
    bamboo will give you finer detail than the needle.

not true.

also - you shouldn't swim with any new tattoo regardless of how it was put in. it is an open wound and swimming with it could worsen scabbing and/or increase the possibity of infection. plus the sun exposure while swimming could fade the new tattoo pretty badly.

Advertisement