Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice cream mixing method?

Options
  • 12-04-2011 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I make my own ice cream and was wondering if anyone has any tried and tested method of mixing two ice creams together, to get different solid colours/flavours in the one serving, like the light and dark ice-cream here:

CM1.jpg

I tried last night by pouring a chocolate sauce into vanilla ice cream in an ice cream maker similar to this and it almost worked but by the time I scraped the last of the chocolate sauce in, it had blended too much to turn the whole thing a light brown.

Would appreciate any tips or suggestions on how to get the right results each time if anyone has done this successfully before :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The ice cream you are talking about is made in a factory .When you make ice cream at home or in work , you usually use one flavour at a time .I have never seen anyone attempt a factory ice cream when they dont have the facilities to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

well it almost worked :P I'm thinking maybe the best way would be almost fully freeze both, but still leave it soft enough to be able to actually swirl them around eachother. Would be interesting to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

It will be hard for them to not just mush together .I never attempted it .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Only one way to find out ;) Anyway, even though my first attempt was unsuccessful, the ice cream itself was still yummy and gone within an hour or two :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The only way I could think would be to make two batches and mix them manually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement