Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protect Leylandii hedge.

Options
  • 12-04-2011 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭

Hi

Trying to reseed my back lawn at the minute and looking to kill off unwanted scutch and dog leaf.
    I've got some Syngenta Touchdown which is a non-selective herbicide which stops photosynthesis so I'd assume is absorbed through the leaves...
    There's a mature Leylandii hedge border which I want to hang on to.
    If I were to cover the hedge with something like silage cover or the like and spray to within 3 feet of the hedge would my hedge remain safe??

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

<insert random rant about killing Leylandii being a benefit>

You should be OK anyway if you're using a knapsack sprayer on a still day, however if you're using a tractor there will be a certain amount of drift, but a plastic barrier will stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Thanks for that Skrynesaver,will probably have a shot off it tomorrow with a knapsack sprayer if it's fine..

Advertisement