Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rubbish bag thrower

• 12-04-2011 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Its really starting to get my goat, the City Council are doing a Trojan job keeping the Place clean, I mean a trojan job, I see them out all the time down back lanes etc that a lot of people would not travel.
    Picking and lifting all kinds of rubbish, leaving the lanes in pristine condition, and then a week later some Moronic low life opens the door of his car and throws out his bag of nappies , tv , etc and it starts again.
    Lets make a concerted effort to find a few of these Morons report them and have them named and shamed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think councils have an "investgative" team (one man/woman I suspect) who can be called out to go through such bags for evidence of ownership and hunt them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The back roads in the country are ruined with fly tipping.
    The odd morning i've even seen bags dumped on the ring road.
    laziest attempt ever was some git dumped black sacks of grass on the road :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I live on a back road and often when out walking I would see bags of cans, general rubbish, McDonalds, etc. In general, Irish people have a poor attitude to rubbish, no civic pride or to be more frank, disgusting pigs who gladly throw their rubbish anywhere they like.

Its terrible, but you dont see such a mess in American or mainland European cities 10 times the size of Waterford or Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Im living on the back road from Carrolls Cross to Kilmac on Sunday night i was heading to Portlaw for chips, on the way back i saw a bag of rubbish had been thrown onto the road in a short space of time!! Would love to catch who is at it!!
    Another thing i have to say bout littering, why do people leave random crap around bottle banks? I have seen the cardboard from beer boxes, a box of broken cups, mugs etc, (made from poreclain) Why leave at a place thats only for glass?!! Kilmac is a fright for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

What is it with these people? I know for a fact we as a nation were raised better than this.. if i so much as dropped a crisp wrapper on the ground as a kid my Ma would batter me.. so i learnt.. and im sure it was the same for most of us..

at least fly tipping sometimes results in convictions when evidence of address or identity is found but people who throw mackie d's bags and fast food all over the streets are scum..

I saw in broad daylight a fella parked in the lay by opposite McDonalds on the cork road.. i was out walking the dog when all of a sudden the window of this very nice clean and expensive executive looking car rolled down and out came the big bag, the chip box thing and the box that the burger was in right out onto the footpath.. followed seconds later by the empty drink beaker... i was in complete shock.. this was at about 3pm in broad day light and not a care on him.. i just walked up to his window with my dog to find a middle aged lad in a shirt and tie and said "your a filthy f**kin scumbag! there is 12 year old kids over in that park with more manners than you, i hope your proud of yourself, ya f**kin dirtbag!" and walked off.. i didn't hear so much of a peep out of him as i was walking off..

I really hate littering! dont even get me started on the pr1cks in the park during the summer throwing empty bottles and cans all over the place while standing 4 feet away from a bin!! The park is for people of all ages to enjoy!

AAAGGHHHHHH!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

for sure, agree with the above posts and stuff. I've just never understood the thinking behind a decision to litter. Sadly it's something I've encountered more in Ireland than in any other country I've lived in or visited.

As for the endless dog crap, there's more dog crap on the streets of Waterford than there is in Berlin where people take their dogs everywhere.

I truly despair when you think of how cool this country could be with a little national pride. Well done to anyone who'll confront a littering scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

i have a friend who brought a box of empty bottles to the bottle banks, and when he put all the bottles in the bank he got careless and left the box there too. he got caught on cctv and was fined! now thats justice. he may not have been as sinister as some scumbags but at least its a start

was driving on the tramore road towards the halfway house there a few weeks ago and it was absolutely disgusting. mattresses and everything just thrown in the ditch. those who are caught should be named and shamed on the local papers. might teach em not to do it again

kkdela6 wrote: »
    i have a friend who brought a box of empty bottles to the bottle banks, and when he put all the bottles in the bank he got careless and left the box there too. he got caught on cctv and was fined! now thats justice. he may not have been as sinister as some scumbags but at least its a start

was driving on the tramore road towards the halfway house there a few weeks ago and it was absolutely disgusting. mattresses and everything just thrown in the ditch. those who are caught should be named and shamed on the local papers. might teach em not to do it again

Well that was his own fault, too lazy to bring the box home and put in the recycling bin!!

STIG83 wrote: »
    Well that was his own fault, too lazy to bring the box home and put in the recycling bin!!

but an 80 quid fine made sure he never made that mistake again! :pac:

kkdela6 wrote: »
    but an 80 quid fine made sure he never made that mistake again! :pac:

Exactly!! only recently has CCTV been installed in Kilmac (saw the workers installing it) people dont seem to care its there!! still leaving random crap around it!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DunmoreRode

STIG83 wrote: »
    Exactly!! only recently has CCTV been installed in Kilmac (saw the workers installing it) people dont seem to care its there!! still leaving random crap around it!! :mad:

Maybe you should wait around there til you catch them at it and confront them, you'd have my support anyway STIG83.

Maybe you should wait around there til you catch them at it and confront them, you'd have my support anyway STIG83.

I feel like doing it at times!! Even today i was getting rid of bottles and what was on the ground was used nappies!! i dont get how people are that lazy or just thick stupid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

naming and shaming is not going to work, nor is a petty fine, if indeed they even get caught. Serious laws need to be in place.
    If you are caught dumping on the side of the road using your car then your car should be confiscated, purely and simply. We'll see lads taking the chance then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

The new road up to Dublin is flithy to with all the rubbish at the sides, fecking annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pac413

That road between the Tramore Road and Six Crossroads seems to be a popular dumping spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Hypotecial ?
    If you were living in a caravan,would you. Bother with usin a bin service or just burn and flytip tonns of cheep nappies like all your neighbours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Someone dumped a few wooden chairs up the road from mine this morning. Too lazy to even break up for fire wood :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

This is rife on the Lacken and Kilbarry road.

I see it the whole time but managed to photograph a traveller emptying a transit a few weeks back and sent it to the litter warden. He came back to me saying I would need to identify him in court. Problem is that I dont want an axe in my back. So it will keep happening until they use photographic evidence without having a physical presence.

But this is practice is happening constantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

O Riain wrote: »
    naming and shaming is not going to work, nor is a petty fine, if indeed they even get caught. Serious laws need to be in place.
    If you are caught dumping on the side of the road using your car then your car should be confiscated, purely and simply. We'll see lads taking the chance then.
    Agreed. The people who do this have no shame in the first place so printing their name in the paper won't shame them. A large fine like €500-€1,000 depending on the amount dumped, and/or some hours community service cleaning up dumped rubish.

The City Council employs one person (maybe more) who actively goes after and tries to catch illegal dumpers. He was featured on some RTE/TV3 programme last year, can't remember the name of the show, but they showed how it can be very hard to catch people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Agreed. The people who do this have no shame in the first place so printing their name in the paper won't shame them. A large fine like €500-€1,000 depending on the amount dumped, and/or some hours community service cleaning up dumped rubish.

The City Council employs one person (maybe more) who actively goes after and tries to catch illegal dumpers. He was featured on some RTE/TV3 programme last year, can't remember the name of the show, but they showed how it can be very hard to catch people.

Would you not agree with the car being used for dumping being confiscated? Try dumping rubbish without a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

O Riain wrote: »
    Would you not agree with the car being used for dumping being confiscated? Try dumping rubbish without a car.
    Yeah I'd agree with that as a punishment also. Penalty points too maybe if they dump the rubbish while in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

I fully agree with O Riain and Psychedelic, heavy fines and punishments should be in order, I especially agree with doing comunity service cleaning up streets. might stop the scum from doing it.

I can't understand people not willing to pick up dog poo, if you have a dog you should be prepared for what you will have to do

SirenX wrote: »
    I fully agree with O Riain and Psychedelic, heavy fines and punishments should be in order, I especially agree with doing comunity service cleaning up streets. might stop the scum from doing it.

i love it, the most ironic punishment that can be handed out.

SirenX wrote: »
    I can't understand people not willing to pick up dog poo

I'd throw the odd bottle/sweet wrapper out the window of the car alright, think it'd be fairly harsh to take the car off me for that.

I do agree with heavy punishments for throwing bags of rubbish out though, that's disgusting.

I'd throw the odd bottle/sweet wrapper out the window of the car alright, think it'd be fairly harsh to take the car off me for that.

I do agree with heavy punishments for throwing bags of rubbish out though, that's disgusting.

You should be ashamed!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Shame on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

it was for the birds

it was for the birds

Since when do birds eat sweet wrappers and bottles?

Ah c'mon now don't tell me none of you have thrown a snickers wrapper or coke can out the window at some point.

Some people on here really try and put across the image that they are pillars of the community who never put a foot wrong, relax lads:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah c'mon now don't tell me none of you have thrown a snickers wrapper or coke can out the window at some point.

Some people on here really try and put across the image that they are pillars of the community who never put a foot wrong, relax lads:rolleyes:

No i dont litter, i find a bin or bring it home with me, im not lazy like some people.

Advertisement