Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Range Of Shoes From Asics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭loughie

Asics Gel Blur33 look like the Nike Free range.........Out at Kildare village outlet recently spotted that there will be an Asics outlet opening soon.....interesting to see what discount and what will be on sale. Nike and Rebook stores out there also........Anyway too late impulse buy today...bought a pair of K-Swiss K-Ona C!!

I see that it still has a massive heel and a large heel to toe drop - 12mm which is the same as conventional runners. still geared towards heel-striking then....
    something like the saucony kinvara is much better for midfoot / forefoot running but still with plenty of cushioning. heel to toe drop is only 4 mm which encourages a midfoot / forefoot running style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Too little too late. asics have been very slow in the whole minimalist scene and are not the Big player anymore in running shoes. Sure the newbie walking into Lifestyle and its ilk will be told to buy asics. "heres the Kayano-all the serious runners use them " will be still dished out to the masses. Same people will end up racing in the park in asics clunkers.. They actually look like the Nike Lunarglide and dont seem minimalist to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

violator13 wrote: »
    Too little too late. asics have been very slow in the whole minimalist scene and are not the Big player anymore in running shoes. Sure the newbie walking into Lifestyle and its ilk will be told to buy asics. "heres the Kayano-all the serious runners use them " will be still dished out to the masses. Same people will end up racing in the park in asics clunkers.. They actually look like the Nike Lunarglide and dont seem minimalist to me.

Im suprised Asics have come out with this shoe but yet the whole minimalist is growing so why not.
    So Asics are not the Big player in the running market?60-70% in Ireland are wearing them so in my eyes they are a Big Player.
    Agree they don't look very minimalist but most people are missing the point about minimalist running,you need to transition and to me that looks more like a nike free 5.0

You won't know till you try !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pablo t

looks like a pretty poor effort at breaking in to the minimalist market if thats what they are trying to do. Heel is Huge, they are not very light and they look to have way too much cushioning. Just my 2 cents

• Advertisement
Advertisement