Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good news - Jedward might be staring at you every morning!

• 12-04-2011 10:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

I know ye all would be just delighted to hear the following good news. :pac:
    EUROVISION TWINS JEDWARD are to become the new faces of Coco Pops, it has emerged.

Kelloggs are said to have signed the Lucan natives – who shot to fame on the 2009 X Factor series, and who will represent Ireland at the Eurovision Song Contest next month – as part of a campaign that will see Coco the Monkey phased out.
    The pair – who will reportedly be paid £180,000 (€204,000) for the campaign – are set to film a TV advert for the cereal in Los Angeles in the weeks after their Eurovision duties are taken care of.
    “When you walk into the shop all you will see is our faces and kids will be begging their parents to buy us. That’s going to be cool,” John Grimes – who is older by ten minutes – told the News of the World.
    Coco the Monkey has been slowly phased out of advertisements for the cereal in the past few years – having not appeared in a speaking role in any advertisements since 2009 – though his face is still included on the front of the cereal’s box.
    The monkey has been the cereal’s mascot since 1963, and has appeared in advertisements in countries where the cereal is known by the ‘Coco Pops’ name. In other countries the food is known as Choco Krispis, while in France it is known as Choco Pops.
    The cereal was rebranded to ‘Choco Krispies’ in the UK and Ireland in 1998, but the ‘original’ name was restored a year later following public demand.
    It is unclear whether the Jedward advertising campaign will still retain the well known “I’d rather have a bowl of Coco Pops” jingle.
    http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/jedward-to-replace-coco-the-monkey-as-faces-of-coco-pops-119547-Apr2011/

Now lets all jump for joy together.
    After three...

One... Two... Three... JUMP!!! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I like to look at a pair of tits every morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Guill wrote: »
    I like to look at a pair of tits every morning.
    Wish granted! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

http://chinadivide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/rage-face.jpg

"who is older by ten minutes"

Wow. It really helps differentiate the 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I wouldn't eat Coco Pops if they were the last cereal left on this earth, fooking rank!

Turn the milk chocolately? No, turn the milk horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

oh no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Fair play to them.
    Fair play to them.
    Might as well make money and forget the begrudgers.
    Might as well make money and forget the begrudgers.
    Set up for life or at least before the drink and the drugs take their toll.
    Set up for life or at least before the drink and the drugs take their toll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Why won't parents cop on! You're giving your already hyper-active children chocolate for breakfast.

"Yeah, fuel 'em up. Send 'em to school. Let the teacher sort that sh*t out.....".

Eejits.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Why won't parents cop on! You're giving your already hyper-active children chocolate for breakfast.

"Yeah, fuel 'em up. Send 'em to school. Let the teacher sort that sh*t out.....".

Eejits.

Exactly! What happened to just an ould fashioned bowl of Reddy Brek or some porridge, fill you up for the morn!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Whilst people hate them, I respect them for the simple fact that they are making huge amounts of money by being silly. I would gladly do what they are doing for the money they are getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

chin_grin wrote: »

Eejits.

In all fairnes I think Jedward have finished school.

They have chocolate chip wheetabix now :D.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Whilst people hate them, I respect them for the simple fact that they are making huge amounts of money by being silly. I would gladly do what they are doing for the money they are getting!
    O' don't get myself wrong - I have to admire them and laugh too.
    For the little talent they have, they have turned it into a business that has made them millionaires.

We all should be so lucky! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

No more coco pops in my house. fair play to them but the are really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Fair play.

antodeco wrote: »

Yeah good luck to them but I always get the feeling they are not earning as much as they should be, people are prob taking more than their fair share from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I love coco pops but I'll never buy a packet again if these muppets are allowed on the box.

I love coco pops but I'll never buy a packet again if these muppets are allowed on the box.
    ...By that process of feelings and subsequent action, you'll never be buying another telly then either? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Coco-pops is what you buy if you want fat kids living in your house, so I don't know many people who will be staring at this pair whilst shovelling sugary crap into their mouths. But, fair play to them for grabbing the cash while they're still in the limelight.

Advertisement