Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lvl 85 no mob kills \ quests (nearly)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Very easy and tedious to do now with the profession XP, fair play to him for having the sanity do go down that route :)

I used to read a few blogs that had alternative leveling methods and ways of approaching the game that conflicted with the class, things like the meleeing hunter! This blog was pretty good:
    http://pacifistundeadpriest.blogspot.com

I'm surprised it is till going, the last time I was reading it was mid 2008 and it seems he has branched out since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

You could probably semi-cheat and do wsg\ab\eots all the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

I'm trying to level without dying atm and doing a blog about it (http://immortal-noob.blogspot.com/). It does make the game different alright, most people say for the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dont think I woulda ever had the patience for it. Was annoyin even tryin to get up asap, take chances on some higher mobs for more xp bound to die to some of em but can handle most, until u getta few of em :p

There was a bit on The Instance about someone doing that trying to level without dying. They were saying when Deathwing randomly kills people in Cataclysm zones, that could make you cry after getting all the way to lvl 83 or something without dying ...

• Advertisement

Drakar wrote: »
    There was a bit on The Instance about someone doing that trying to level without dying. They were saying when Deathwing randomly kills people in Cataclysm zones, that could make you cry after getting all the way to lvl 83 or something without dying ...

That would be a pain alright! The highest I've gotten so far is 19. I'm starting to know the starting quests very well at this stage! My wife is suggesting that I also try to do it without using any of my talent points. Just to make it a little harder, like! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

& never visit ur trainer :D

Ok so we got it, no deaths, no new abilities, no runes, talents, outside help (no parties, buffs etc) and you have to do it nakkey (your character can be nakkey too if you like).

So, who's up to try first?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

seanabc wrote: »
    I'm trying to level without dying atm and doing a blog about it (http://immortal-noob.blogspot.com/). It does make the game different alright, most people say for the worst!
    Jesus! , I don't think I'd have the paitence to do that .Fair play and everything for trying but I'd be amazed if you made it, sorry.
    There's so many things out of your control that it'd be an exercise in pain. A Lag spike or a DC at the wrong time will leave your character vulnerable, and if it happens when you're fighting a mob there's a very high chance you're going to die through no fault or action of your own.
    I'm guessing you're on a PVE server as well, ..right?
    A PVP server will see you getting ganked at least once or twice while leveling , and there's no defense against a bored level 85 who can one shot you.

Jesus! , I don't think I'd have the paitence to do that .Fair play and everything for trying but I'd be amazed if you made it, sorry.
    There's so many things out of your control that it'd be an exercise in pain. A Lag spike or a DC at the wrong time will leave your character vulnerable, and if it happens when you're fighting a mob there's a very high chance you're going to die through no fault or action of your own.
    I'm guessing you're on a PVE server as well, ..right?
    A PVP server will see you getting ganked at least once or twice while leveling , and there's no defense against a bored level 85 who can one shot you.

Definitely PVE! There're enough dangers in the environment of WOW without the players as well! All of my toons bar one have died fighting mobs. The other one fell off a roof. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

There is a person trying to do it on a pvp server
    imagine getting to level 83 then getting ganked!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Even with full heirlooms, I can barely manage to get a character to level 50 through BG/Quests/Dungeons.

If trying to level just from professions, I think I'd quit by the 5th herb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Bloody hell that's a bit mad. I'd probably /wrist after 20 levels. Although they're from an RP server... that kinda explains it. Easy enough to get lost in that I guess?
    They must have died shítloads considering they would always be a bit lower then the herb/ore area.

Advertisement