Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Install

• 12-04-2011 10:37am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, quick question to the guys in the know, will sky install a dish with a bracket on the gable end of my house? My house isn't facing in the correct position to the satellite and we don't want the dish on the front of the house?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Hi, quick question to the guys in the know, will sky install a dish with a bracket on the gable end of my house? My house isn't facing in the correct position to the satellite and we don't want the dish on the front of the house?!?

Mine is on the gable,no problems there.So long as there's a clear view to the South East you're fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

May not be regarded as a "standard install" though - so there may be an additional cost.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

JDxtra wrote: »
    May not be regarded as a "standard install" though - so there may be an additional cost.

Any idea on what the cost may be? He`ll need a bracket to put it over the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Ring an independent installer, theres no guarantee the Sky installer will have the necessary brackets and poles outside the normal scope of standard installs.
    You could also try and ring sky and explain you'll need the extra equipment and they may advise you on a price.
    But theres no guarantee this information will filter down to the installer.

Advertisement