Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Ballymount?

Options
  • 12-04-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Okay I had planned on moving to the Stillorgan/Sandyford area but have been offered a job in the Ballymount area, is there any means of public transport which would bring me to Ballymount from the Stillorgan/Sandyford area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

All of the routes appear to involve going into town and back out again. Though Stillorgan/Sandyford is a large area, you might get more luck with the Dublin Bus route planner if you have more specific addresses.

Actually wouldn't be a long or unpleasant cycle. Much faster than public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Route 75 to Tallaght Village and then route 77 along Greenhills Road and walk in from there.

You are looking at a journey time on the 75 of 50-55 minutes and 10 minutes on the 77, plus waiting time between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 happy1234

Hi guys I know this thread is old but im new and havnt a clue how to post new thread!! Anyways..... im living Dublin city centre and I was just offered an interview in Ballymount industrial park, I have no means of transport other than public transport so I was just wondering is it possible to get to and from city centre to Ballymount or would I really need a car?(I know I can get to red cow via luas but im not sure where to go from there) I just don't want to waste my time or the employers time if there is no means of transport. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

Got to www.dublinbus.ie and search for Ballymount. The entry for the Industrial Park lists the 56A.

That's an infrequent service - 75 minutes between buses during the day. You might be better off looking at the 77A, which runs along Greenhills road, about every 20 minutes.

Options for Ballymount from the city are:

1) 56a directly to Ballymount

2) 27 or 77a to Greenhills Road from where there are two entrances.

You'll need to check Google Maps to see which option suits you better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

happy1234 wrote: »
    Hi guys I know this thread is old but im new and havnt a clue how to post new thread!! Anyways..... im living Dublin city centre and I was just offered an interview in Ballymount industrial park, I have no means of transport other than public transport so I was just wondering is it possible to get to and from city centre to Ballymount or would I really need a car?(I know I can get to red cow via luas but im not sure where to go from there) I just don't want to waste my time or the employers time if there is no means of transport. Thanks in advance.
    the luas will take you to ballymount, get off at redcow.

the luas will take you to ballymount, get off at redcow.

That could leave the OP with a substantial walk, compared with either of the bus options above.

It depends upon which part of Ballymount they are going to.

Advertisement