Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Future retirements in the WWE

• 12-04-2011 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭

This is how i see the rest of the superstars going

Will probly retire in the next 1-3 years
    Undertaker,Kane, Big Show,Mark Henry,Triple H, Goldust,Rey Mysterio, William Regal

Retire in the next 4-7 years
    The Great Khali (possibly be released before then), R Truth, Christian, Sheamus

Retire in the next 10-12 years
    CM Punk, The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton.

Its sad really but the times change and we have got through the change from the attitude era to the the pg era and older fans like myself still love it and will probly still watch it in the future.

IMO WWE is and will always be in a better state that TNA or ROH are.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Khali will not be not be released short of a major screw up due to how big he is on the Indian market.

I also think of the people you have 1 to 3 years are honestly 0 to 3 years (as in I expect them to retire by the end of next Wrestlemania if not before).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

i can see the point of talking about attitude era guys retiring and how it will change over nexr few years but what has seamus and cm punk got to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

As much as this forum pines about the Attitude it shortened a lot of careers drastically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

*RAW SPOILER* Edges Future
    Future retirements in the WWE

Between these two new threads, I'm glad I checked here before watching RAW, I was afraid of spoilers frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

drayme wrote: »
    As much as this forum pines about the Attitude it shortened a lot of careers drastically.

in fairness edge was an extreme example of that era.

• Advertisement

partyndbs wrote: »
    in fairness edge was an extreme example of that era.

Compared too? Benoit, Austin, Foley, Test etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

There is a difference between looking for better storylines and looking for career shortening matches on a consistent basis. Nobody on here is suggesting people should be taking the bumps that were taken in the attitude era on a regular basis any more. Nor should anybody suggest otherwise.

There is a difference between looking for better storylines and looking for career shortening matches on a consistent basis. Nobody on here is suggesting people should be taking the bumps that were taken in the attitude era on a regular basis any more. Nor should anybody suggest otherwise.

Hasnt been my experience on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I expect Mysterio to retire next his knees are a big problem due to his style & he was meant to have a big surgery on them a few years ago but has kept delaying it to the point where he could break down before he gets the chance to retire.Edge is a big loss for wwe cause they haven't created near enough main event talents recently. They ballsed up Sheamus & Swaggers pushes something fierce.When HHH & Taker retire i'll be facinated to see who'll be having those great Mania matches every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Or who will buy mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Time for Zack Ryder, Trent Baretta and Chris Masters to step up and prove they are the future of the business. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

its too early to tell when guys like orton, cena, sheamus, miz will retire, the attitude era/ecw time has passed when guys worked like they did, miz, sheamus etc work much safer styles and as such should have longer careers than say mysterio, edge, jeff hardy, austin, foley etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would say Taker will retire next year after Mania maybe make it to 20-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Retire in the next 10-12 years
    CM Punk, The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton.

Agreed with everything else, but John Cena has had major neck surgeries (plural) and a pec tear, and has been going full-throttle as the face of the company since 2004. He's aged horribly since then. He'll have to physically stop in a few years working a full schedule or he'll end up in a wheelchair. I can see him working "to get past the next match" in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Borak

When these guys are gone, nobody will want to watch WWE anymore. This is why they WWE Creative need to push their younger stars like Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Evan Bourne, you know, the guys that aren't 30 yet, but aren't so young that they can't handle a title.

Thats why they have NXT, they want to bring in some FCW talent.

Advertisement