Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Track ID: Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Braaa!!

• 12-04-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Was released round 1997 - 2000 I think, and as far as I remember it was on manifesto with a light blue cover ...(newer style cover like "needin' u").

Kinda a latin beat at the start .. builds up and drops with a kinda kettle drums starts and a guy going "den den den den den den de de .... dum dum dum dum dum dum BRA!!!!"

kicks into a really carnival south american kinda thing with lotsa whistles.

Ideas anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

I think Leif is the resident expert on such matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

nope, not this time. I cant recall a some which contain the lyrics 'bra'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Yeah prolly the one ... build up starts with big kettle drums and stabs and they guy goin

Bra ....... Bra......... bra ......... bra .......... bra .......... bra .......... bra ............bra...bra...bra...bra...brabrabrabrabrabrabra (insert big drum roll ....and whistles i think)

Kicks into a latin style carnival thing.

kinda like this after the break.

Went though the manifesto catalogue dont see it must have been a diff label.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Hardly the Goodmen - Give it up is it?

That was originally 1992, though as far as I can see it was on a few different labels and I'm not sure who it was licensed to when it "broke through" as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

This might be more ding ding ding than dum dum dum…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Sounds very very much like Florain F, Surreal Brazil, came out in 99. Pretty sure the vocal is Bra-zil or something on it, and it's got a big carnivale style sound after the break. It isn't on Youtube unfortunately. This is it on discogs, came out on Neo records over here then i think.

http://www.discogs.com/Florian-F-Surreal-Brazil/release/245254

Edit, found the tune on an old mix cd. The vocals definitely Bra-zil on that Florian F, so hopefully that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

milltown wrote: »

That was originally 1992, though as far as I can see it was on a few different labels and I'm not sure who it was licensed to when it "broke through" as they say.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

milltown wrote: »

jimi_t2 wrote: »

Goodmen, Simply Red ... Vanilla F'ing Ice !!!

Dayum guys gimme some credit :P

Batacuda I posted is kinda similar (almost Identical) to the break with the Congos and drum stabs... and Almost identical after with the carnival thing (it was a lil "darker though I think")

Might have been on FFrr, goes to check discogs again.

Cant find a preview of florian F, but from what your saying don't think its him either.

Keep up the good work :P

was.deevey wrote: »
    Goodmen, Simply Red ... Vanilla F'ing Ice !!!

Dayum guys gimme some credit :P

Batacuda I posted is kinda similar (almost Identical) to the break with the Congos and drum stabs... and Almost identical after with the carnival thing (it was a lil "darker though I think")

Might have been on FFrr, goes to check discogs again.

Cant find a preview of florian F, but from what your saying don't think its him either.

Keep up the good work :P

Seriously man, I'd nearly wager money it's Florian F. It's very similar to that Batacuda in the break and the vocal's almost exactly how you describe. Think Carl Cox used to play it a bit, and Pete Tong. If it's not it, it's almost exactly the same as you're describing, same time frame too. I think it was on Neo Blue which had a blue sleeve too.

Unless you try searching for it on someones old set somewhere I dunno, couldn't find any clips on it myself.

• Advertisement

Trying to find it .. not one I'd imagine coxy was playing, Tong I'd say so,

First heard Healy play it then Rampling

Dunno why this one is bugging me so much, every man has a mission in life :P

If there is anyone out there with a copy that could throw up a recorded snippet of Florian F for a positive ID be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Ok, this is my attempt at trying to figure it out, although I'm guessing it's not carnivaley enough to be it. Takes a few minutes to get to the part that sounds like was.deevey is describing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

A quick google of Florian F – Surreal Brazil gives this link to tranceaddict as the first result with a short clip of it!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=309858

I'd checked it before couldnt get the damn thing to play

Managed to get it working now .. but nope thats not it i'm afraid :(

It's more "Housey" than bangin' .... Kinda samba de janeiro on steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

You tried my suggestion above was?

was.deevey wrote: »
    I'd checked it before couldnt get the damn thing to play

Managed to get it working now .. but nope thats not it i'm afraid :(

It's more "Housey" than bangin' .... Kinda samba de janeiro on steroids.

Just listening to that clip, that's some sort of hard trance remix of the tune. The one I'm talking about is much slower than that, and definitely more housey. That clip doesn't have the vocal sample on it either that the version I was talking about has. Saying that, it still has the drums on it, albiet poor quality and way speeded up, but if it didn't click with you there, maybe it's not your tune. It's just with every clue you give, it ticks all the boxes for it.

All I can do for you now is send you a link of the full double cd I have it on, but it's up to you as it's a bit of a drastic measure just for a listen to one tune! Up to you though, pm me if you want it sure.

Just saw this track is up on youtube that I was talking about, and this thread popped into my head again. Have a listen and see if it's the tune you were on about.

Advertisement