Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone confirm this translation?

Options
  • 12-04-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a PC from a german shop which was delivered today with one of the components not installed. They enclosed a note with the following text which I've put into Google Translate which sounds acurate to me but I'm a bit puzzled by exactly what they mean in the last line.

The text as I transcribed it is:
    Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde

auf grund des hohen eigengewichts des cpu-kühlers und der damit verbundenen gefahr des ausreißens aus dem cpu-sockel während des transports durch den packetdienst legen wir ihnen den kÜhler im unverbauten zustand der lieferung bei.

Stattdessen haben wir ihnen den original cpu-Kühler eingebaut.

Bitte haben Sie Verständnis für diese Maßnahme und auch dafür dass wir im Falle eines fehleinbaus des kühlers keine garantie ubernehmen konnen.

Selbstverständlich ist Ihr PC in unserer technikabteilung vor verlassen unseres Hauses getestet worden.

Ihr Technik-Team

A picture of the original text is
    155039.jpg

and Google translates that to mean:
    Dear Customer, Dear Customer

Due to the high specific weight of the CPU cooler and the associated risk of tearing from the CPU socket during transport packet service through which we put them in the cooler disassembled state during delivery.

Instead we have them installed the original cpu cooler.

Please understand that operation and also ensure that we in the event of a failed installation of the cooler can take over no guarantee.

Of course, your PC is in our engineering department before leaving our house has been tested.

Your technical team

Can someone tell me if thats an acurate translation? I'm guessing that by the last line they mean they tested it themselves but I just want to be sure.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

correct translation;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks nadel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

you're welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The translation is fine indeed.

They have tried and tested the computer, but give you the warning that you will loose the guarantee, if you don't put in the new component properly.

Thanks Lars :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

Here is an idiomatic translation. It adds little, but it is clearer.

Dear Customer,

Due to the dead weight of the CPU cooler and the associated risk of tearing from the CPU socket during transport by the packet delivery service, the cooler has not been installed and is enclosed in the packet.

Instead we have installed the original CPU cooler for you.

Can you please understand this measure; and also
    understand that in the event of a faulty installation of the cooler, we do not undertake any guarantee.

Of course, your PC has been tested in our engineering department before leaving our premises.

Your technical team

Thanks John :)

Advertisement