Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Outage in Kildare / 045 Area?

• 12-04-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with Vodafone / eircom wholesale broadband in Kildare / 045 area.

Since last night, vodafone broadband has been out for me, DSL Sync light is solid and internet light shows as red. It's like PPPOE is just not working at all.

Tried three different routers last night, even reset one to factory defaults and configured it from scratch.

Called Vodafone this morning and they told me to reset the username and password for the connection, (was previously a BTBB customer, so reset to vodafone@vodafone.com / broadband). Still no joy.

Wife called up again since and was advised by support in Vodafone that we had a 'stale connection' and to turn off the router for 35 mins, then start it up again. Still no joy.

Third call and they're only now hearing 'unconfirmed reports' of a possible outage in the 04 area.

Anyone else having trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

im 046 and my phone line is down since yesterday evening but broadband is fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Pretty widespread outage in Kildare last night from about 6pm yesterday evening to about 2am this morning. I was suprised I didn't see it here sooner. I'd clients in Maynooth, Kilcock, Naas, Sallins, Newbridge down.
    All reported solid DSL light with either a red or no internet light.

A call to Eircom this morning confirmed a fault in Kilcock was responsible but a subsequent call and they denied any fault had occured :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Was down in Kill from 7am 10th April. it came back online this morning probably around 1am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Called Vodafone last night about this and they said there was "unconfirmed reports" of an outage in the 045 area. They logged my call as a fault and said they would SMS me when the issue was resolved.
    Didn't get the SMS but did get a call back today saying there was an outage and it lasted until 1.10 this morning.
    Working fine since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

With utv and outage since getting home from work yesterday, thought it might be back up today, but no joy. Went to ring them and the customer care is closed at 5.30! Thank god for my 3G ipad:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭darth conway

sae here went down 6pm yesterday- back this morning and again went around 830 tonight and still out bit of a joke from vodafone 2 nights in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 20 psalm69

Internet tubes are gone again! If Kilcock is the problem there are some heavy roadworks going on over there at the moment (careless dude and digger springs to mind), will have to log a call in the morn with vodafone, almost looking forward to the lame excuse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Still no broadband services in Kilcullen as of yesterday approx 6pm. Calls to support all with same success "fault is being looked at and no estimate of when will be fixed"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

Mine was the same was out from around 6 pm on 11th, but was back up an running yesterday morning. Vodafone support gave me a call back to say there was an outage in the 045 area and it was now fixed. But it was back off again last night at around 9.30 pm. Didn't try this morning but the internet light was back lit on the modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭granturismo

Eircom broadband out in Sallins on Mon from 5pm to 11pm at least and Tue night from 6pm to 11.30pm, was back this morning (Wed). DLS light was green, internet light was red.

I thought it was a problem with my router, I reset it and then had to reset my wireless connections on games consoles which was a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Came back at some stage last night (kilcullen, Kildare), was able to use it about 7am.

Advertisement