Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking during mass time in Portlaoise

Options
  • 12-04-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Anyone else notice the disregard for the rules of the road outside the R.C. church during mass time, i.e. parking on footpaths and double yellow lines? Inconsiderate and possibly dangerous to other road users, including pedestrians imho.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Sure they have "Papal Immunity", didn't you know? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

This is a joke. I hate having to pass through the town and getting stuck outside the church.

When they all come out they don't bother looking for oncoming traffic. Just walk out onto the road and take their time getting into their car parked in the middle of the lane. They look at you as if you did something wrong when you beep them or don't let them pull out on top of you.

Cars have to drive on the other side of the road to overtake so a lot of time is wasted waiting for a gap in oncoming traffic.

Why oh why can't the guards just walk down to the church during mass and start having the cars towed and crushed. These ****ing morons deserve it! Only been through the town at 10 times now and it's always the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Yeah it's annoying but it's hardly during rush hour traffic. Have a little patience on Sunday mornings/Saturday evenings maybe? Maybe they should be encouraged to park elsewhere just.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 flyboy69

I don't mind the delay(well,maybe a little) as it's not too much but I still think it's actually dangerous. The Gardai are probably the one's with their cars parked illegally ready for the quick getaway at the end hence the lack of enforcement.;)

Nope it's silly men and women. I've noticed more women. Some blonde woman gives me the exasperated look cos I didn't want to wait while she got her 3 kids into a car which is parked in the middle of the driving lane. She could open her passenger side door and it wasn't even near the path.

It's dangerous as it's so close to the 2 poxy little roundabouts too. Sunday at lunch time is plenty of traffic for it warrent a beeping etc. It's not a small delay when there's a stream of cars in the oncoming lane and your forced to wait for a gap. You could be there for a fair few minutes before you get to overtake safely. Shouldn't be put into this position at all if they knew how to park a car properly.

• Advertisement

In fact next time I'm going that way and I have to wait I might just pull into the carpark and walk into the church and shout will they move their ****ings cars. I couldn't give a toss if I interrupt their mass or be disrespectful. It might be the only way that the issue would get raised as clearly the guards don't care about it as it happens every week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't understand why you guys are venting about it here?
    Write to the local Garda Superintendent and the Co. Co. Director of Services for Roads/Transport in your area. Point out that they have an obligation at all times to provide a safe environment for all transport modes, include photographs of what you are highlighting, then complain about it on boards...

Luckily I don't make the journey much but I'll be bringing the camera next time :D

Advertisement