Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing 250gb with another one...

• 12-04-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hey guys...

I reported a fault with my controller with Amazon yesterday, it turns off on its own even with full batteries. They immediately said they'd ship a whole new Xbox 360 to me, even though its just the controller that needs replacing (this seems a bit ridiculous and a needless cost). The console is only a couple of months old.

Would you recommend I just keep my own console and send them back the new one or take it and do a hard drive transfer, install all the updates etc again and use that one? Also, I presume my Xbox Gold account keeps all my achievements and avatar settings and I can just log in from the new machine and all will be there?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

What model of Xbox 360 did you buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Id say swap it out, new console, new warranty too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

justryan wrote: »
    What model of Xbox 360 did you buy?

I bought the 250GB new model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Vicxas wrote: »
    Id say swap it out, new console, new warranty too.

+1 Definitely return it as your still under warranty

Advertisement