Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Post not passing Variable when using JS

Options
  • 12-04-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi guys

As part of my form, a user is allowed to pick a "closing date" using a JS calender

Here is the JS Script:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jsDatePick.min.1.3.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    window.onload = function(){
    new JsDatePick({
    useMode:2,
    target:"closingdate",
    dateFormat:"%d-%m-%Y"
    });
    };
    </script>

and the form input:

<input type="text" name="closingdate" style="width: 260px" value ="'.$closingdate.'" id="closingdate"></input>

When I select my date, and post the date, the variable is not carried accross

If I remove the id="closindate", and manually enter something into the text box, it works fine, that way I know its the JS that is causing the variable not to POST

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

[php]<input type="text" name="closingdate" style="width: 260px" value ="'.$closingdate.'" id="closingdate"></input>[/php]

Can you give more info on this. Is this printed as a PHP string? - otherwise you won't get the value of $closingdata as it's not interpreted by PHP.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

Webmonkey wrote: »
    [php]<input type="text" name="closingdate" style="width: 260px" value ="'.$closingdate.'" id="closingdate"></input>[/php]Can you give more info on this. Is this printed as a PHP string? - otherwise you won't get the value of $closingdata as it's not interpreted by PHP.

Hi Webmonkey

This is indeed printed and it variable works perfectly fine if I dont use JS, all other variables within the form are passed except this one

What happens if you don't load the date thing and leave in the id="closingdate" and manually enter it. Does that work?

Webmonkey wrote: »
    What happens if you don't load the date thing and leave in the id="closingdate" and manually enter it. Does that work?

It does indeed, works perfectly fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

<input type="text" name="closingdate" style="width: 260px" value ="'.$closingdate.'" id="closingdate"></input>

Doesn't the PHP variable need to be enclosed in PHP tags? (<?php ?>)

Maybe I'm mistaken...

• Advertisement

Hi Dave

You are correct, I didnt post all my code on here but the entire page is in closed in PHP tags

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Freddio

Are you looking at it in IE - if so do you have javascript errors prior to what you quoted? also is the date format of the javascript compatible with any sql behind the form?

Check the error console for errors in your browser. Surely it will show something. I think I used that date picker thing before without any problems on a site.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If you pick the date and not submit the form, can you see the date in the field ?

Thanks for the replies guys

I got this sorted

I needed to put the JS code in the head of the page that is calling the function, I only had it in the page that the function is on (if that makes sense)

All sorted now and working

Appreciate the help and guidance

• Advertisement
Advertisement