Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift Grub Characters who arent used anymore

• 12-04-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭

Listening to music station earlier and one of the groups being played was The Thrills which got me thinking they use to be on gift years back and then was thinking who else hasnt been featured in a very long time so far ive got

Joe - who was Berties pa
    Eddie Irvine
    The Corrs sisters (Jim was in the one this morning)
    Liam Lawlor
    The thrills
    Gerry Ryan
    Brian Kerr
    Shane Lynch from boyzone
    Jaap Stam
    Bono

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Michael D Higgins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Mossy !

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

neris wrote: »
    Listening to music station earlier and one of the groups being played was The Thrills which got me thinking they use to be on gift years back and then was thinking who else hasnt been featured in a very long time so far ive got

Joe - who was Berties pa
    Eddie Irvine
    Liam Lawlor
    The thrills
    Gerry Ryan
    Brian Kerr
    Shane Lynch from boyzone
    Jaap Stam
    Bono

I think the a lot of these would have been ones that Oliver Callan did before going to 2fm to do his own thing.
    So that'd be another reason for not being used other than just not being in the limelight as much as they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Whatever happened to Navanman? (And I don't mean the spanner on 2fm)

Tom Dunne still does Doctor Bill from time to time on Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

He was voiced by Stuart Carolan who went off to write plays etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

what about johnson keane, he was priceless , is whoever did his voice left too?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

neris wrote: »

Joe - who was Berties pa
    Eddie Irvine
    Liam Lawlor
    The thrills
    Gerry Ryan
    Brian Kerr
    Shane Lynch from boyzone
    Jaap Stam
    Bono

Gift Grub seems to have done for these,what Bo Selecta did for Craig David......

Can I get a rewind.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

What about 'Funny' friday characters that shouldn't be used anymore but are wheeled out time after time i.e. Charlie McCreevey.

What relevance does he have anymore to Irish society (besides the fact he screwed us all for the next 50 years...)

What next, an impression of Erskine Childers?? W.T Cosgrave perhaps???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Remember radio Jay? and Ann?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Claasman wrote: »
    Remember radio Jay? and Ann?

Radio Jay was brilliant,BRING IT BACK !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

gawk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

Rafa with his Irish elecution lessons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Radio Jay was brilliant,BRING IT BACK !!

:D:D

Doubt ya jay biy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I hate to say it, but I think it's been going downhill for a few years now. I remember we had cassette tape copies of the 2002 and 2003 editions, and they were priceless!! :) Stuff that, while dealing with current events, are still funny to this day, such as Bertie's song about Sky... "I've fifteen shaggin' remotes, now that I've got skyyy" ahaha

And while I don't expect every installment to be a roll on the floor laugh out loud moment, I do find myself being less and less amused by it. The last few editions of the CD now are just lying around the house, probably never to be listened to again.

Bring back Jay, and Japp Stamm and his dog Shex. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Awwww yes, I loved Jaap Schtam, Shex and Mossy & his lack. :-))

Trying to think who else got phased out over the years - what about José Mourinho? I haven't heard him in a while. Steve Staunton and Dave O'Leary haven't been used in a while (apart from that recent FAI sketch last week?)

I suppose the point of it is that they take whoever is newsworthy and work onn that.. sure, when was the last time you heard of a new Thrills song? :) And less of the FF'ers now, like Biffo and Lenihan.

I wouldn't mind if they dropped Ben Dunne or Andrea Roche, wouldn't be a big loss.

Advertisement