Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educate Together Meeting In Boyne Valley

Options
  • 12-04-2011 12:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick reminder about a public meeting, which is happening tonight Tuesday, 12th April, at 8pm, in the Boyne Valley Hotel, regarding the proposed opening of an Educate Together second-level school in Drogheda.

If anyone is interested, All are welcome. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭positron

I won't be coming to the meeting as I am fairly certain I have nothing to contribute other than being there, but I just want to say all the very best wishes, and I am looking forward to sending my daughter to a nice neighbourhood ET school in 4 years or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

It was a good well attended meeting. TD's Fergus O'Dowd was there as well as Ged Nash and SF representatives (and the media of course).
    Some very good points were raised and a great number of questions answered.
    Now if the Department of Education can get its act together and get back to the organisation about some of parental concerns from the surrounding areas, they would be doing all a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

I'd be interested to know what the main meeting points were. Did they discuss where any new school would go? Was meant to go but had wrong date on phone. doh!

Not entirely sure what an "Educate Together" is, but on the subject of local education, why are they putting more of those lego block buildings up beside St. John's/Paul's School in Rathmullen?

I hope they use them to take the kids out of the school, so they can add an extra storey onto one of the buildings or something. The way it is at the moment is disastrous. Thank funk I didn't have to go to school when it was like that!

Lantus wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know what the main meeting points were. Did they discuss where any new school would go? Was meant to go but had wrong date on phone. doh!
    the department of Education has apparently bought land along the Ballymakenny road and as of yet has no confirmed plans for it.
    It WILL be used for the building of a school - who gets to occupy it has yet to be decided and the system that can be used to come to that decision has not been made known to interested parties.
    "Educate Together" is currently trying to get the Dept' of Education to start informing the people about whats going on - but presently, someone, somewhere is really dragging their heels as to telling of further plans/developments to to how any scholastic system can apply for use of Department of Education resources.

I will be doing a write-up of the meeting shortly which I will be posting on my own site. when I get that done, I'll inform ye here of its uploaded presence.

• Advertisement

Not entirely sure what an "Educate Together" is, but on the subject of local education, why are they putting more of those lego block buildings up beside St. John's/Paul's School in Rathmullen?

I hope they use them to take the kids out of the school, so they can add an extra storey onto one of the buildings or something. The way it is at the moment is disastrous. Thank funk I didn't have to go to school when it was like that!
    Not sure myself whats going on at Rathmullen. Its not a school under the "Education system"but one under the usual church based set-up I think.

* General info on Educate Together schools can be found here: http://www.educatetogether.ie/

* As regards the Drogheda primary which is already up and running successfully and even now is building on more room sections, that school site is here: http://www.astonvillageetns.com/

* The details of current efforts for An Educate Together secondary can be found here: http://www.droghedaetss.com/

...And of course my site is here: www.unitedpeople.ie

Advertisement