Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC FAN !

• 12-04-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

hey guys I was having a problem with my pc it would not start up windows 7 so I took it apart to determine the problem turns out it was simple enough, the power cable was touching off the motherboard. anyway problem sorted when I thought hey its very dusty in there and decided to give it a good clean and stupidly broke my fan the problem im having is I cant for the life of me find the exact replacement for it on ebay its a AVC, model: DA09025R12H. so my question is can I use a different model ? if so could anybody send me a link to one on ebay that will work cheers in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

superfish wrote: »
    hey guys I was having a problem with my pc it would not start up windows 7 so I took it apart to determine the problem turns out it was simple enough, the power cable was touching off the motherboard. anyway problem sorted when I thought hey its very dusty in there and decided to give it a good clean and stupidly broke my fan the problem im having is I cant for the life of me find the exact replacement for it on ebay its a AVC, model: DA09025R12H. so my question is can I use a different model ? if so could anybody send me a link to one on ebay that will work cheers in advance.

Is it the CPU fan, or just a normal case fan? You should be able to get a replacement of either in the likes of peats, maplins etc or online. If you need to replace the CPU fan you will also need to buy thermal paste to re apply once the cpu cooler is replaced

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Is it your case fan or the CPU fan? If it is the case fan just get another that is the same size usually they are 120mm or 80mm, If it is the CPU Heatsink you will need one that fits that processor socket.

Edit: beaten to it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

lol cheers guys its just the case fan held in by 4 pins, so should I just measure how far appart the pins are and order any fan to fit ?

lol cheers guys its just the case fan held in by 4 pins, so should I just measure how far appart the pins are and oder any fan to fit ?
    yep, as i said they are usually 120 or 80mm. You can google them for reviews if you want a silent one or one that is good at cooling, if not just get any auld fan.

Have a look on adverts there are often fans for sale on there.

yep, as i said they are usually 120 or 80mm. You can google them for reviews if you want a silent one or one that is good at cooling, if not just get any auld fan.

cheers et the one I have still works but one of the fan blades has snapped off I had to start it up there today to get some files and it sounds like a tractor lol so il go for a silent one this time lol. to be honest Id like to get a gaming pc case and rebuild mine with it but dont have the confidence for that just yet

• Advertisement

cheers et the one I have still works but one of the fan blades has snapped off I had to start it up there today to get some files and it sounds like a tractor lol so il go for a silent one this time lol. to be honest Id like to get a gaming pc case and rebuild mine with it but dont have the confidence for that just yet

I had little or no experience when i built my first pc. Its like lego putting it together. Google and Youtube are great plus you get manuals with your mobo etc that guide you through things. The lads over in the PC Building & Upgrading forum will help you pick out the parts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I'm sure I have a spare 80 and 120mm fan somewhere at home. PM me if you want one of em.

mordeith wrote: »
    I'm sure I have a spare 80 and 120mm fan somewhere at home. PM me if you want one of em.

Thats really decent of you mordeith Ive already one ordered from ebay now though but thanks a mill for the offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishfinster

Hi
    Im wondering can anyone help me. I have an advent 6552 laptop and i want to connect it to my tv which is a philips HD only 3 yrs old in order to watch movies.I purchased a DVI to HDMI cable as i was told this would work.The problem is i can see the movie but no sound coming from the tv.Any suggestions would be great.sorry i dont know how to start my own thread, there is no button to start 1.

Thanks
    robdeniro Newbie Posts: 1 Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi
    Im wondering can anyone help me. I have an advent 6552 laptop and i want to connect it to my tv which is a philips HD only 3 yrs old in order to watch movies.I purchased a DVI to HDMI cable as i was told this would work.The problem is i can see the movie but no sound coming from the tv.Any suggestions would be great.sorry i dont know how to start my own thread, there is no button to start 1.

Thanks
    robdeniro Newbie Posts: 1 Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:31 pm
    what you have is the same as a vga cable its only to view the picture if you have a pair of pc speakers just plug them into your laptop for the sound.

I have a similar setup in my living room if you have a good hi fi system or home theatre system with an aux out you can just buy an rca to 3.5mm jack lead here is a link to one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.ie/3-5MM-STEREO-JACK-2-MALE-RCA-PHONO-CABLE-LEAD-13-/160564557145?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item256264b559#ht_2313wt_877 all you do is connect that lead to the aux out on the back of your hi fi and plug the other end into you headphone input on your pc or laptop

• Advertisement
Advertisement