Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime merchandise

Options
  • 12-04-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hello,

I've been an anime/manga fan for over 14 years now. I recently moved to Ireland from Germany and I am wondering if there are any shops in bigger cities that have japanese merchandise? I mean, not only Pokémon/dragonball articles but things directly from Japan? In Germany I used to go to japanese bookstores and the like to get monthly magazines. I have been to Dublin several times but I haven't spotted any shop yet....so I was curious if there are any around or if I'll have to rely on ordering online?
    Also checked ebay.ie but not much around there in that regard....

Chess

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hi Chessala :) We've a sticky at the top of the forum that lists all the anime and manga stores in Ireland. Forbidden Planet would be your best bet - it's in Dublin city centre, along the quays. The address is listed in the sticky. FP sells a fair bit of manga and some other Japanese anime related merchandise. Unfortunately, the range isn't great but it's worth checking out.

Otherwise, online is the only way to go! I get most of my stuff from ebay - you just have to keep an eye out. Good luck with your search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

Oh dear, I'm sorry, I completely missed the sticky because there are so many XDDD

Thanks for the hint and in general the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

no one reads the stickies :P

Hahaha, I actually did read some of them but this one somewhat escaped my attention

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Hi Chess,

welcome to the forums. :) If you know the Georges St Arcade which is located across from the Powerscourt Mall near St. Stephen's Green area in Dublin, there is a stall there that sells anime bags, figures and key rings but they are known to be bootlegs if that bothers you.

Hopefully this map would be a help to you for finding the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Germany, France & Italy have MUCH better markets for comics/manga than Ireland.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Germany, France & Italy have MUCH better markets for comics/manga than Ireland.

Haha yeah, I noticed that. Fortunately I don't buy so much random things anymore...was just looking to get the Japanese Newtype to start reading a bit again. Well, can always pay Germany a visit and go to my fav store in Berlin <3

Hi Chess,

welcome to the forums. :) If you know the Georges St Arcade which is located across from the Powerscourt Mall near St. Stephen's Green area in Dublin, there is a stall there that sells anime bags, figures and key rings but they are known to be bootlegs if that bothers you.

Hopefully this map would be a help to you for finding the place.

Thank you very much for the welcoming and the info. Will check it out next time I go to Dublin ^^

Advertisement