Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inFamous 2

• 12-04-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

5611832122_c756527744_m.jpg 5611248719_f5bf3f1184_m.jpg 5611829284_043fd36f73_m.jpg 5611247465_61373eeb4c_m.jpg 5611244619_17435713c5_m.jpg
    Click the images above for larger versions.

Perhaps it's a bit early to be making a thread about this game but with the fantastic screens above having been posted today I felt a strong need to share the awesome. Expected EU release date is June 10th. New gameplay videos were also posted on the US PS Blog together with these pictures.

The inFamous 2 User Generated Content beta is also starting today, although I think entry is mostly limited to those with a PlayStation Plus subscription who are chosen to get in based on their completion of the first inFamous.

I really enjoyed the first game and the sequel is looking even better, if only for the fantastic art direction. Here's hoping a few Boardsies get in the Beta as I'd love to hear more about how the game plays and how the UGC works and what is possible to create with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

inFamous is one of the best games on the PS3. I loved it. The trailers and screenshots imply its more of the same, with some extra polish, so its a day-one purchase for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Diffo a day one purchase for me i think, loved the first one and this looks even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Yeah. This is a day one purchase for me too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I should probably pick up the first one at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got the beta code today.Suppose ill have to download & give it a go :pac:
    Loved the 1st one though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got the beta code today.Suppose ill have to download & give it a go :pac:

Just checked my e-mail, and I got one as well :D. Will be giving this a go later tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I was only talking to a friend the other day about inFamous and how great it was, I was thinking about re-playing it and the I got the email to be accepted into the beta, I have ps+ and got the platinum in inFamous :p

Anyway, its a 2gb download and has plenty of pre-made missions to try out. Cole's movement is still as fluid as ever and running around the city is still as enjoyable as before, the melee combat with the cattle prod thing is great and really adds another level of combat options, oh and speaking of, there are now multiple types of his normal powers, for instance the normal bolt can now split in three, has a long range version and the rest are locked iirc. The grenades can now bounce/stick and there's a cluster grenade version too :D

Oh the coolest thing id say is this electrical levitate power for objects that you can then throw, you can literally fúck a car down the street, its so much fun.

You can run around the city and try the user generate missions and rate them which is a great idea. Will play some more of them before I try make my own :rolleyes:

I recorded a video if ye are interested in seeing some random stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Game share anyone? :D Really dyin to give it a go... :(

Some funny easter eggs ingame :D

Check the attachments.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Got an email in my inbox just there. Guess who's smug and has gotten a code for the inFamous 2 beta?

<
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Got an email in my inbox just there. Guess who's smug and has gotten a code for the inFamous 2 beta?

<
    Me too ^^. Portal 2 and inFamous 2 Beta fun this weekend for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

<

me ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

GothPunk wrote: »
    Me too ^^. Portal 2 and inFamous 2 Beta fun this weekend for me!

Good stuff! Looking forward to trying out yer levels!

My copy of Portal 2 arrived in the post today too, so in a conundrum as to which to try first. Have ordered Mortal Kombat too from Amazon but don't think that'll arrive till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

I've played through the first one around 3 times. Once evil, once good and once just for fun. But for some reason I'm not interested in the beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

My copy of Portal 2 arrived in the post today too, so in a conundrum as to which to try first. Have ordered Mortal Kombat too from Amazon but don't think that'll arrive till next week.

why do they release so many good games together then nothing for weeks. Spread it out lads. I'm today playing Portal 2, Socom, Crysis 2 and i still have not had a chance to get back to Killzone 3, NFS and Brotherhood and thats for fun i've to play RIO and Fantastic pets and Pataton 3 too for work. Wish the government would increase the number of hours in the day, only way ill clear the back log.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Hopefully I can come up with a level worth playing!
    I've played through the first one around 3
    times. Once evil, once good and once just for fun. But for some reason I'm not interested in the beta.
    Are you interested in the full game though?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

Of course, but the user generated content just seems a little uninteresting to me. They seem more interested in showing off how you can remake space invaders than showing how the missions you make will be as fun as the in game ones.

Oh well, main game still looks great :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pre-order stuff that going to be out in the US no word on anywhere else yet, i personally like the lightning hook. still all this stuff means is that if you do pre-order it you miss out on the other 2 small bonuses to get your 1.

changing the skin on a weapon is hardly difficult but this stuff is annoying, getting 1 extra shouldn't piss you off by not getting all of them.

Details of the special editions etc are on the PS Blog now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So I wasn't really pushed on this but I see its out on the 10th June and I was looking for a game to trade Black Ops against so might pick this up.
    I was a late comer to to Infamous 1 only playing it in the last few months and really enjoyed it. Craving a free roam super hero game again (please remake Spidey 2 for this gen!) .

So anyone think this is gonna be any good?

I wonder how the User Generated Content will work out with people making custom side missions and sharing them online.

Strange its only out in a few weeks and not hearing much about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Hero Edition is available in Gamestop for the prerecession price of €129.99,I have ordered one as they still have a 25% bonus on all trade ins against any preorder,damn OCD and my lust to own every Special Edition game released,does anyone know if this Hero edition will be a mass produced SE like MW2 or a short supply like the Assassin's Creed Codex set.

HAHA you're mental paying that man :D Kinda worried about the New Orleans setting as I was hoping for some side scrapers to climb like the garbage tower in the 1st game, ah i'm sure they will work them in some where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Hero Edition is available in Gamestop for the prerecession price of €129.99,I have ordered one as they still have a 25% bonus on all trade ins against any preorder,damn OCD and my lust to own every Special Edition game released,does anyone know if this Hero edition will be a mass produced SE like MW2 or a short supply like the Assassin's Creed Codex set.

I'd love to get the Satchel with the hero edition, but 130 quid is a bit too rich for me, even with trade-ins against it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Kiith wrote: »
    I should probably pick up the first one at some stage.

You will have the chance as when the store is back up it is one of the "free" games being offered by Sony :)

ya kiith, youre sorted! I had 1 but traded it after i cleared it. might download it for free and go for the platinum.

1st review of Infamous 2 is in, 9/10 from IGN. Too lazy to post the link sorry. Anyway, instantly worried when they said collecting blast shards is back.

A demo will be up on the US store today for anybody that cant wait till next Friday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Going through the first one again, was going to attempt to get the Platinum, but collecting the Shards is putting me off... Wouldn't be too bad if the mini map was a bit larger for me to ping...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I've never played the first one, but does anyone find that with these type of games (sandbox + powers) that the game balance is hard to get right. Either it's far to easy or annoyingly difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The demo is up on the European store too.

2613 MB

Advertisement