Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inFamous 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

grizzly wrote: »
    I've never played the first one, but does anyone find that with these type of games (sandbox + powers) that the game balance is hard to get right. Either it's far to easy or annoyingly difficult.

I think this one got it fairly close. At times i was reigning down absolute power, and other times i got my ass handed to me, but never constantly, everything was manageable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tok9 wrote: »
    The demo is up on the European store too.

2613 MB

I liked the demo. There was plenty to do in it.

But, is it just me or is Cole's movement now a lot quicker? Like, when running, he covers ground much more quickly? Think I will need to get used to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Uncharted 3 beta trial code not working WTF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

cursai wrote: »
    Uncharted 3 beta trial code not working WTF!!!

I'd assume because the Uncharted 3 beta hasn't started yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got my Platinum in inFamous yesterday, so well delighted with myself, aside from taking 2 hours to find that last blasted shard!!!

Only a small bit played so far, but it seems like it's going to be inFamous but faster, more and larger enemies, epic powers, and allegedly 2 completely different endings. And i'm loving the fact that trophies unlocked in the first game gave me bonuses when starting this one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I wish more games would follow the infamous , lbp root creating your own missions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played the first game and enjoyed it. Tried to do another good playthrough but just wasnt feeling it and since the game has collected dust. Downloaded the InFamous 2 demo and its the exact same game with a new coat of paint. Am i missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Played the first game and enjoyed it. Tried to do another good playthrough but just wasnt feeling it and since the game has collected dust. Downloaded the InFamous 2 demo and its the exact same game with a new coat of paint. Am i missing something here?

Well isn't that what a sequel basically is, more of the same with some improvements? And yet if it were a Halo or Cod sequel people would be rushing out in the millions to buy it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Well isn't that what a sequel basically is, more of the same with some improvements?

I had my fingers crossed that they make it more of a point and click puzzler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Well isn't that what a sequel basically is, more of the same with some improvements? And yet if it were a Halo or Cod sequel people would be rushing out in the millions to buy it...

I think the demo makes it seem like it's identical though, I didn't notice any real changes, other than the claw monster enemies, which were more annoying than anything.

Not that I wouldn't like more of the same, I just would have preferred something that built on the original. Saying that, I'm only going by the demo, there's probably plenty of new stuff in the full release so I'll wait and see, and the level editor is really interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

New City, new enemies, new story, new weapons, new powers, new graphics, new voice acting. I'm not sure what some people want from games in fairness.

New City, new enemies, new story, new weapons, new powers, new graphics, new voice acting. I'm not sure what some people want from games in fairness.

Everything that was great about the original, but completely different in every possble way.

It's simple, really! :pac:

I never see anyone question nintendos method with mario and zelda , just enjoy the game ;)

Nintendo get it right though most of the time. Think Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, same game engine, same basic idea, both games totally unique.

Still looking forward to inFamous 2 mind, I know I'll probably enjoy it for what it is, more levels for a game I enjoyed. Plus it's only the second one, I don't think it'd be fair to complain that it's not different enough till they hit the third or fourth and it's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anybody get the Hero Edition? If so, could you tell me what it's like? Thanks.

10 mins already into infamous 2 and im already blown away better than the first and the first into my top 5 ps3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Everything that was great about the original, but completely different in every possble way.

It's simple, really! :pac:

see the uproar about the new Brothers In Arms game for this, company went different way, people lost their sh1t and decried them for ruining what could have been another WW2 set fps game about valiant heroes and zzzzzzz. oh sorry WW2 shooters stopped being relevant about 8 years ago.

"we want more of the same, but different, and christ help you if its TOO different!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Just got the game and love it especially with the new variations you can choose for each ability. My only major issue is Cole's new voice which doesn't suit him compared to the first game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Entered 3 different competitions to win this, mad to play it!

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Just got the game and love it especially with the new variations you can choose for each ability. My only major issue is Cole's new voice which doesn't suit him compared to the first game

After a few hours playing it, his voice is growing on me.

Fantastic game so far. Loving the pause screen. It shows
    a map of the USA with the Beast moving from Empire City [New York] to New Marais [New Orleans]. It really helps to build the tension.

• Advertisement

Whats the story with the user generated content i dont see any icons for it at all, do you have to beat the game first or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

whats the deal with the ' not set in dublin ' on d adds ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

^ It's for stupid people

Have to say im loving this as much as the first, if not more! The weapon customisation and storyline are just great. The Gold Amp from the collectors edition looks pimp! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Do you get any rewards if you have a save file on your system from the first game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Do you get any rewards if you have a save file on your system from the first game?

Have good or evil Trophies from Infamous: Start Infamous 2 at level 1 good karma or level 1 evil karma.

Infamous Trophy for 25 percent of the Blast Shards: Free energy core in Infamous 2.

Infamous Trophy for 50 percent of the Blast Shards: Two free energy cores.

Finished Infamous with any karma standing on any difficulty: 1,000 bonus XP for Infamous 2.

Specific Trophies for Specific Infamous decisions: Reflect side missions, Dead Drops and dialog variety in Infamous 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Really enjoying it, about 11hrs in. Side missions are much better then the last game. Disappointed with the opening but besides that it's pretty good, story is a bit hammy so far, even compared to the first one but still not bad. Wish they had kept Cole the same, he looks a little shapeless in the face and the tattoos are a bit random but from a gameplay perspective it's awesome. Pretty amped up at this stage and it's great being able to traverse the world using the abilities you get half way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Its bloody huge too, spent most of saturday and sunday at the game and i'm only getting near island 3 now.

Cleared it on Good. Awesome.

Now to go the badass route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish_whiskey

Right ill be honest, I didnt play infamous one that much as it didnt really appeal to me. Should I be looking at getting the second one, or will I need to complete the first one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not if it didn't appeal to you.

Advertisement