Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inFamous 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish_whiskey

So ill be able to keep up with the story in the second one yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Kiith wrote: »
    I should probably pick up the first one at some stage.
    This game completely passed me by on original release but I've just downloaded it for free with the PSN welcome back pack and am so glad that I did!!!

I will now definitely be getting Infamous 2. :)

Also, excellent video CombatCow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

have just finished inFamous but finished it as a good guy. now i have to play through it as a bastard and see where that leads me. really kicking myself that i didnt get this sooner as it is a brilliant game.

will finish it as evil then move onto inFamous 2. hope its as good if not better than inFamous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have 3 games itching to be traded into Gamestop to pick this up but want to see if I win it 1st. So mad to play this!! Excellent how it give s you bonuses for playing Infamous 1 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just after getting onto the
    flooded area
    , and i love this game! Did anyone else get the special edition? Trying to see if i got more than i should have, ie: Gold Amp, Samurai Sword, Sly's Weapon, and another few variations of the amp?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Is anyone able to play it as a bad guy in the first attempt? :D I started thinking yea ill be bad this time but soon enough the good instinct kicked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Is anyone able to play it as a bad guy in the first attempt? :D I started thinking yea ill be bad this time but soon enough the good instinct kicked in.

i'm gonna try on my next playthrough. did the first mission the first time round as evil but am gonna be good for that one and be evil for the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Id say I'm about 90% through the campaign. I just unlocked
    the lightning tether
    . I find myself spending ages on side missions just to make the game last longer, as even though I'm going to play through again I want to spend as much time with all the powers as possible!

AWESOME game, just gets better and better as you make your way through the campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If anything, I wish you got the powers sooner so that you have longer to play with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

How long is the campaign roughly lads? I've been moving slowly enough through it.

Can't wait to see some User Generated content!

• Advertisement

There are 40 story missions, with loads of side quests besides that.

It took me about 12-15 hours to finish it on my first playthrough. Now playing it on Hard.

Otacon wrote: »
    There are 40 story missions, with loads of side quests besides that.

It took me about 12-15 hours to finish it on my first playthrough. Now playing it on Hard.

Can you pick the difficulty at the beginning or is that unlocked after finishing the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You change it in options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Nevermind this post. Turns out beta doesn't start till next week. Woopsies.

Finished it last night. Loved it.

RAIN wrote: »
    Finished it last night. Loved it.

Good or Bad ending?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Finished it with good karma last night. While I enjoyed the game, I felt the story this time around was fairly lacking.
    Also, where were the boss fights in this game? There was like two bosses and they were piss easy.

I remember fighting Kessler in the first game on Hard difficulty it was genuinely difficult.

Hoping they change things up a bit for inFamous 3. New protagonist maybe???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Spoiler tags people!

Jay and Silent Bob review Infamous 2 haha

"This game will suck yo diick!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This game really started to drag towards the end, got sick of fighting those giant ice monsters all the time, they take far too long to kill. Last boss
    was disappointing too. You'd think he would have been nuked before he got half way across the country.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Good or Bad ending?

Good Ending.

I gotta voucher for Gamestop so gonna go in and get this. Wonder if there will be any 2nd hand copies yet.

After clearing the game, any of ye play through a 2nd time or not bothered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Disappointed in the graphics and the sketchy start, but it's all coming together nicely now.

I'm loving the game. I'd say I've collected more Blast shards in this one already then I did in the last one, not sure why that is!

Just after getting onto the 3rd island and with full good karma.

Has anyone played any good UCG?

Got this today, excellent so far! I got it from Gamestop and I was sure there was a poster on the window saying free lightning hook and kessler skin. Is this only on preorder?

Can't wait to give Uncharted beta a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Got this today, excellent so far! I got it from Gamestop and I was sure there was a poster on the window saying free lightning hook and kessler skin. Is this only on preorder?

Can't wait to give Uncharted beta a go!

I got my copy from Gamestop William St and not on pre order

I got an A4 sheet with a code for DLC (lightning hook and kessler skin)

Go back in and ask for it.

moz wrote: »

Sound man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I gotta voucher for Gamestop so gonna go in and get this. Wonder if there will be any 2nd hand copies yet.

After clearing the game, any of ye play through a 2nd time or not bothered?

I've every intention. Have the good one cleared, and the bad ending is supposed to be completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Okay, just finished it there on Good.
    Rather disappointed with the final boss, it almost felt as if I could have defeated him just as easily at the beginning of the game. Half of those ice monsters were more difficult to kill than him. Infamous was genuinely rather difficult but this was not. Basically went with formula of flying around beast and repeatedly firing at him. Sadly no difficulty too it.

Really enjoyed it overall though.

• Advertisement

moz wrote: »

I rang Gamestop Parkway and they said the DLC was only for pre-order. Anyone with DLC codes that's not using them?? :D

Advertisement