Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inFamous 2

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 conor.b

got this game soon after the release day and am not disappointed. love it and have completed it with good karma and am in progress with bad karma, blast shards are additive to look for and the boss fights are great fun would highly recommend this game to people interested in open world games or superheros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 conor.b

yeh the ice guys r the most annoying and the ravgers, the enemies i like fighting r milita(easy enough but a bit of a challenge when deres loads of them) and the devouer (good fun to fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just cleared this today with hero ending, thoroughly enjoyed it all the way through! Just picked up my last blast shard. only hard ending and evil trophies left. Brilliant game, def worth another play through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was playing that facebook game infamous anarchy. on level 6, noticed a camera icon on the screen. took a picture and it said i unlocked dlc for the ps3 game. Think its a skin for the amp. Anyone know what skin it unlocks? Can't check til tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mouzey

absolutly great game cleared it on bad karma easily a game you would clear twice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just finished this today with the good ending (Yea i know, just a bit late!)

Really thought it was a fantastic game, really deserves alot more attention than it got.

Good ending spoiler:
    Really thought he was gonna defy the odds and somehow live, even got a bit choked up when i realized he was actually dead :(

Now time for the bad ending + trophies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Just finished this today with the good ending (Yea i know, just a bit late!)

Really thought it was a fantastic game, really deserves alot more attention than it got.

Good ending spoiler:
    Really thought he was gonna defy the odds and somehow live, even got a bit choked up when i realized he was actually dead :(

Now time for the bad ending + trophies!

Thinking about playing it. I got it on the cheap a few weeks ago. I'm getting sick of skyrim :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

thorbarry wrote: »
    Thinking about playing it. I got it on the cheap a few weeks ago. I'm getting sick of skyrim :o

Yea, taking a break from skyrim myself too, found this to be just the trick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Good ending spoiler:
    I think you may need to watch it again. When Zeke takes Cole's body out to sea on the boat at the end of the cutscene, there is a flash of lightning that hits the back of the boat where Cole is lying. It could just be a coincidence but it certainly leaves it open to Cole being alive if they want to make inFamous 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, just finished the game on Evil, and on Hard. I had already beaten it with the Good ending. I played the first level, it booted me up to hard, all well and good. But, alas, i get no trophy (and it's the only one i need for plat!).

Google searched a few things, and apparently you need to have the difficulty on hard before starting a new game. Thanks for telling me. I just eat the whole game, minus the first mission, on hard and i don't get the fookin' trophy.

So, word of warning to anyone going for that trophy, make sure it's on hard before starting a new game... I've to play through it again... Think i'll leave it another 6 months or so before playing again...

Also, evil ending:
    Really had me at shooting Zeke. I know some people find him annoying and all, but after going through 2 games 4 times with him he was beginning to grow.
    Very well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

sorry for reviving an old thread but I've just got 100% completion on this. Infamous 2 is the only game (out of the 46 listed in my trophy collection) that has held my attention long enough to get to 100% :D

Was also excited to read of the possibility of Infamous 3
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/10/18/sony-releases-mysterious-new-playstation-trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Heh, I'm glad you did revive it rcdk1, I'm currently replaying the first Infamous, playing the evil side of the game again. :)
    r3nu4l wrote: »

I will now definitely be getting Infamous 2. :)

Still haven't got it and may need to wait until after Christmas :(

I saw two game reviews, both of which mentioned poor camera angles in some cases, did many people here notice that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll give you some inFamous 2 advice r3nu4l: you've to finish the game on the hardest setting for one of trophies. So, if you've played through the game on normal, and want to play through on the hardest next time, you need to change the difficulty in the save file for your first game, let it save, then start a new game. Otherwise, it starts off on the original setting, and you won't get the trophy.

I made that mistake, and maybe someday i'll play through it again, but because of a bad game design flaw, that's the only trophy i don't have so don't have the platinum, and i couldn't bring myself to play it through again for the sake of missing the first 10 minutes on hard...

But, i will do it one day. Then the only 2 platinums i'll have are from inFamous 1 & 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm not massively into getting all of the trophies for most games but i did like getting them in the first game and worked towards a lot of them. Good advice, might save me some pain later. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Got this free on PS+ and it is a top class game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Same as. Just got around to playing it last week. Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Infamous games are probably the only games I would be willing to try and platinum. And one day i may actually do that. :)
    Great games. There was also the Infamous: Festival of Blood downloadable standalone game, which I downloaded and just need one more trophy but there is no platinum.

Really hope we get a third. For me they're far more enjoyable than the Uncharted games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Got Infamous 1 free that time the PSN was hacked and got Infamous 2 "free" with my Playstation Plus subscription. Great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just started Infamous 2 this morning. I had bought it about 6 months but with it now on PS+ I was able to keep my disc copy sealed. I'm only 15 minutes into the game but the one thing that sticks out is how good the game looks. It is one of the best looking games on the PS3 in my opinion. And for an open world game that is some achievement.

I liked the first inFamous and finished it as Evil Cole so I hope this game improves on the gripes I had about the first. I also like the fact that it recognised my inFamous save and has given me a few starting boosts.

Advertisement