Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

creche question

• 12-04-2011 1:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

does anybody know if you work full time in a creche can your child attend the same creche? and if so do most places give staff a discount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hi, it depends totally on the creche, each one has different rules. I was working in a creche for a couple of years, and the manager had her child in their and was getting a discount. But we had a child going to the pre-school who's mother was actually working in another creche in the locality, but they weren't allowed to have their children in the creche.

To be honest, I think if you can, you'd be better off not working in the creche your children are going to, at least that's how I would do it in the future after seeing how it was for the manager. Her son seemed to find it really confusing and upsetting at times because his mother would be in and out of the room and he'd be wanting her, and crying for her when she left the room, and it just seemed to be harder. When her second fella was born she ended up getting a childminder to mind the two of them because she said she wouldn't be able to cope if her second fella acted like the first had done in the creche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

I work in a childcare centre. From my experience, yes your child can and you will get a discount - although the amount of discount may vary. Some places have rules about not having a parent work in the same room as their own child, but others are ok with it.

Advertisement