Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Near Gresham Metropole

Options
  • 12-04-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi,

A gang of us are heading to Cork for a weekend soon, most of the group have already booked into the Gresham Metropole (GM) but they have no more twin or triple left for the rest of us!

Anybody no of any hotels close to the GM that the rest of us could book in to. Preferably somewhere not too dear and within walking distant. Its a lads weekend away so it is really only somewhere to put the head down at night dont need anything fancy!!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

This place is across the street and usually pretty cheap. Not fancy or great but cheap and clean.

http://www.isaacs.ie/isaacs-cork-hotel/home.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

Hotel Isaacs is across the street from the Metropole and has apartments and rooms.

Also on same street.......http://windsorinncork.com/....... was on that telly program "At your service" recently being upgraded :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Bru hostel is just down street.

http://www.bruhostel.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Jurys Inn is only across the river too...

Or the Clarion if you want somewhere nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

One to avoid - Victoria Hotel on Patrick St.

My suggestion: Brú MacCurtain St. or else the newly renovated LLBS (luggage locker Bus Station).

tommy21 wrote: »
    One to avoid - Victoria Hotel on Patrick St.

Closed down in February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

evilivor wrote: »
    Closed down in February.

Really? can't say I'm suprised - on what grounds do you know? Unfortunately through a relative who fell on hard times, I know it was often the draw of alcoholics and drug addicts across the county who were out on the tear for a few days or kicked out of home.

I know it was often the draw of alcoholics and drug addicts across the county who were out on the tear for a few days or kicked out of home.

…and those who had pulled on a night out but had no home to go to.

Their website says "We are closing as of today Tuesday 8/2/11 due to
    Structural damage."

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

GampDub wrote: »
    Hi,

A gang of us are heading to Cork for a weekend soon, most of the group have already booked into the Gresham Metropole (GM) but they have no more twin or triple left for the rest of us!

Anybody no of any hotels close to the GM that the rest of us could book in to. Preferably somewhere not too dear and within walking distant. Its a lads weekend away so it is really only somewhere to put the head down at night dont need anything fancy!!!!

Cheers
    Totally avoid hotel issacs I stayed there a few months ago and it was a terrible experience if u want to hear of the nightmare pm me and i will share it with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Really? can't say I'm surprised - on what grounds do you know?
    There was a fire in the hotel.

Is the Victoria hotel closed for good ?

Advertisement