Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Vacines - Cheapest in Dublin?

Options
  • 12-04-2011 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi there,

Travelling later in year and planning on getting the vacines. My local GP doesn't do them so I was wondering do any of you know of somewhere that is good value/cheapest in Dublin? Any tips for making it cheaper? I heard that you can get hep shots for free from STD clinic. Not sure if true...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

A little off-topic but ... I suggest avoiding getting vaccines at all unless legally required by the country you're travelling to. In particular the Hep-B vaccine has been linked to a plethora of adverse effects including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Just Google Hep B and Chronic Fatigue for hundreds of references: http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=698&q=hep+b+and+chronic+fatigue&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=6959db869fb6e499

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭alan85

Would I be right in saying Hep B is non-essential for one week in India? I'm going with my girlfriend. I'm not going to be hitching up with randomers... I know it is more contagious than HIV and can be contracted though saliva but realistically what are the chances?

I will be getting Hep A and malaria treatment for sure! Hep A can be gotten through food, esp. fish, and malaria can affect your brain.

I'll have to look into tetanus, polio and typhoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I'm afraid I don't have a detailed knowledge of travel vaccine requirements. Should be on the net somewhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Tropical Medical Bureau is the main place for getting your shots but I remember they were usually the priciest too. Google them.

However, I always remember my friends use to get it done at Dr. Ekky in the Drumcondra Clinic for cheaper and he was the go to man..

http://www.drumcondraclinic.com/clinics.asp

Had a great rep during the years for this and man matters!

Advertisement