Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Road Relays

• 12-04-2011 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone running these? Usually a great race. Any team predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

ecoli wrote: »
    Anyone running these? Usually a great race. Any team predictions?

Making up the numbers in an M40 team.
    Hopefully not last - need to beat our 'B' team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Raheny AC to win every event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Does anyone know the format for these - been about 15yrs since I last ran in them?
    All off together or Seniors 1st, followed and all the 1-2-1 races?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the format for these - been about 15yrs since I last ran in them?
    All off together or Seniors 1st, followed and all the 1-2-1 races?

Races are usually staged one at a time, in this order:
    Vet Women
    Vet Men
    Senior Women
    Senior Men

Prediction: Raheny to win every race. Crusaders may push them close in Senior Men's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

senior format is 2, 1, 3, 2 i believe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

wgtomblin wrote: »
    Prediction: Raheny to win every race. Crusaders may push them close in Senior Men's.

Up the Cru! A great shame this doesn't attract more clubs from down the country. It's more of a Dublin championships really. What would happen if they held it in the Midlands? Maybe it's been tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Rathfarnam and crusaders struggling with teams I think so between DSD and Raheny,clonliffe for bronze.
    Ladies probably be DSD or Raheny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Rathfarnam and crusaders struggling with teams I think so between DSD and Raheny,clonliffe for bronze.
    Ladies probably be DSD or Raheny

With O Neill in the US and i think Joe not running DSD team not strong enough to take Raheny in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Peterx

good 4 page report on the race up on RTE teletext page 407

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

ecoli wrote: »
    With O Neill in the US and i think Joe not running DSD team not strong enough to take Raheny in my opinion

Saw the last couple of legs of the senior men's. Unbelievable leg from Richie Corcoran. Love the pic here, he's sprinting off as if he's doing 100m, even though he has a 3 mile leg ahead of him

Joe ran the last leg in for DSD, but we (Raheny) were way too far ahead at that point.

Some pics from the event are on the club FB page here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

christeb wrote: »
    Saw the last couple of legs of the senior men's. Unbelievable leg from Richie Corcoran. Love the pic here, he's sprinting off as if he's doing 100m, even though he has a 3 mile leg ahead of him

Joe ran the last leg in for DSD, but we (Raheny) were way too far ahead at that point.

Some pics from the event are on the club FB page here

Splits from the race:

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/road-relays-senior-men.pdf

Corcoran only 7 seconds off Kenneallys course record and interestingly Thomas Fitzpatrick only second slower than him

Advertisement