Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oranmore train station

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Why did they not reopen the station where the old one is located? The new station is further away from Oranmore and is located further away from the N6. I know that the old station is a private residence but the could of opened it on the other side of the east side of the level crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Something to do with the proximity of the level crossing, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

lxflyer wrote: »
    A monthly ticket costs €111.

If that is bought under the taxsaver scheme (www.taxsaver.ie) the ticket will effectively cost €53.28 if the purchaser pays tax at the higher rate.

That translates to €1.72 per day for a month of 31 days.

Unfortunately you still have to factor in the cost of travel to the train station. And does anyone know if there is a charge to park?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Webbs wrote: »
    Unfortunately you still have to factor in the cost of travel to the train station. And does anyone know if there is a charge to park?

Yep, travel to and from the station. Car parking is currently free I believe (think it was on an earlier post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Where is the train station?

• Advertisement

Grimebox wrote: »

Not in Oranmore anyway..........well, it might fit into a "Michael O Leary" Definition of Oranmore.

It's a bit out the cost road as you head for town from Oranmore.

kippy wrote: »
    Not in Oranmore anyway..........well, it might fit into a "Michael O Leary" Definition of Oranmore.

Is it here?

It looks like the most logical place on the coast road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

kippy wrote: »

"Oranmore" goes a long way in that road, it's not just the village.

Is it here?

It looks like the most logical place on the coast road

It would be more logical than where it is alright. But I think its further towards oranmore.

antoobrien wrote: »
    "Oranmore" goes a long way in that road, it's not just the village.

I realise that.
    I am sure they say the same about Paris.

• Advertisement

Its a bit ridiculous that I can't find the location of a newly opened train station anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

Its a bit ridiculous that I can't find the location of a newly opened train station anywhere

The address is Gurrane South, you'll see that on the map above. As mentioned, between where you marked and Oranmore town centre

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The new station is located beside the level crossing at Gurrane about a mile? west of Oranmore.
    Look for the train tracks on google maps.

When I google "Oranmore train station", the Oranmroe Neighbourhood map is 2nd on the list. And the station site has been on that map for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shameless plug there, Mrs O :D

When I google "Oranmore train station", the Oranmroe Neighbourhood map is 2nd on the list. And the station site has been on that map for months.

My google-fu isn't up to scratch it seems. I found the address and couldn't find Guarran South on google maps either

biko wrote: »
    Shameless plug there, Mrs O :D

Yup quite shameless :)

It doesn't work so well on mobile .. thats googles fault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Yup quite shameless :)

It doesn't work so well on mobile .. thats googles fault.

There is also the whole thing of what shows up in the top links for you will be different than what shows for me because Google indexes links to the history of the user. I.e. you will get your website and boards.ie showing up a lot but someone who doesn't use boards or Galwaytransport will get different returns.

Seaneh wrote: »
    There is also the whole thing of what shows up in the top links for you will be different than what shows for me because Google indexes links to the history of the user. I.e. you will get your website and boards.ie showing up a lot but someone who doesn't use boards or Galwaytransport will get different returns.

Yes and no.

I made sure that I was logged out of my google account at the time, and was in IE in Private mode which means search results are less influenced by the machine's search history AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Halfway between Oranmore and Renmore is how i'd describe it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Tsipras wrote: »
    Halfway between Oranmore and Renmore is how i'd describe it
    Well it's really halfway between Roscam and Oranmore, near to where you see the bridge over the dual carriageway on the old N6 at Oranmore.

Yes and no.

I made sure that I was logged out of my google account at the time, and was in IE in Private mode which means search results are less influenced by the machine's search history AFAIK.

Google still knows your ip address.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

I'm kinda curious...since it opened, I wonder if there has been a single customer?

Seaneh wrote: »
    Google still knows your ip address.

Ever heard of dyanmic IP?

I'd quit while you're not doing too badly to be honest........

Look, google knows it's you, even in incognito mode, trust me.

Unlless you use duckduckgo or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

lampsie wrote: »
    I'm kinda curious...since it opened, I wonder if there has been a single customer?

I saw three or four cars parked up there on Wednesday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

c_man wrote: »
    I saw three or four cars parked up there on Wednesday.

Trainspotters?

Just thinking, if Oranmore is a stop for intercity trains to/from Dublin, then it starts to make more sense. Imagine you're in Claregalway/north Galway/Oranmore(obviously) wanting to go to Dublin. Makes far more sense to journey to Oranmore & join the train there than try to get into the centre of town to Ceantt.

galwaycyclist, you're not part of the anti-western-rail-corridor investment cartel bunch of posters that's been running in Commuting & Transport since boards.ie sprang up? Dangerous bunch of looneys they are. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

galwaycyclist, you're not part of the anti-western-rail-corridor investment cartel bunch of posters that's been running in Commuting & Transport since boards.ie sprang up? Dangerous bunch of looneys they are. :)

I'd say that depends who you ask :D

Advertisement