Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky sound problems

• 12-04-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Over the last few weeks I have noticed a strange warbling type sound distortion on some sky channels (e.g. Comedy Central) - anyone else notice it? Can't find any other posts about it. I don't think it is my tv or sky box - I presume that all channels would be affected.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

is it a standard sky box connected to the tv via scart? (presume you are only using the tv speakers )

if so unplug the scart lead and plug it in again. could be a loose connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WYTAWillis

Yes, standard scart connection between skybox and tv. No problem there, have already checked it. I think this would cause problems on all channels in any case. Any other thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I had noticed this two weeks ago as well. It was on a SKY+ HD connected by HDMI lead downstairs & on an normal SKY+ via Scart upstairs. Can't say I noticed it since though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've encountered the audio drop outs on Sky 1 HD & Atlantic HD every now and then. I'm connected via optical audio. Video doesn't jitter during the drop out.

I haven't noticed it on any other channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Trick Pie

It's not just you, and for me its ONLY Comedy Central thats the issue, the audio distorts every 10 seconds to 5 minutes. Been happening for about 2 weeks now. I don't think its anything to do with your sky box, because I am upc! It's a problem with the channel. A lot of my friends, sky and upc alike, have been complaining about Comedy Central. It was sorta comical at first but I can't watch the station anymore because of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Trick Pie wrote: »
    It's not just you, and for me its ONLY Comedy Central thats the issue, the audio distorts every 10 seconds to 5 minutes. Been happening for about 2 weeks now. I don't think its anything to do with your sky box, because I am upc! It's a problem with the channel. A lot of my friends, sky and upc alike, have been complaining about Comedy Central. It was sorta comical at first but I can't watch the station anymore because of it!

Same for me, its only on Comedy Central it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gerry_S

Gents, Good Afternoon,

I was just in a chat box on the Sky website asking about this problem, he requested me to power off sky box removed cables from the box and plug back in. I was very unsure about this fix at first, but in fact when I powered up again the sound as been perfect for the past three hours,

I would recommend trying this

Regards
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's a sporadic problem on Comedy Central +1, you could go hours without an issue but then have a show ruined by constant warbling. It is almost certainly nothing to do with your box, as UPC have the same problem and they certainly don't use sky digiboxes :P

It could be just a problem which is only happening on the Irish feed of Comedy Central +1 - tuning in the UK version on Other Channels on a sky box mightn't have the same problem. Might give it a go later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MrSneeg

Gerry_S wrote: »
    Gents, Good Afternoon,

I was just in a chat box on the Sky website asking about this problem, he requested me to power off sky box removed cables from the box and plug back in. I was very unsure about this fix at first, but in fact when I powered up again the sound as been perfect for the past three hours,

I would recommend trying this

Regards
    :cool:

we pay 'SKY' for HD 3D, & dolby sound etc, not to unplug boxes, wait till the progams over etc,

no one pays us to do this

nor is a refund ever given

why cant you say

' one of our software monkeys f*cked up & your box was not powered up at the time so you will have to rectify yourself as we gave the box & dish to look after yourself'

we want your subscription money & we dont care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sirgandi

Same problem here, UPC HD box connected via HDMI.
    I work with Digibeta tapes in my job and we had a ropey machine which caused the sound to act just like it does on Comedy Central. Wondering if A. are they still using these tape machines and B. if so are they so stupid that they don't realise there's a problem with their own machines :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Razzuh

I'm having the same problem (sky + HD with HDMI connection). Only on Comedy Central as far as I've noticed. Going on for a few months now. Has anyone found a successful fix for this yet?

Advertisement