Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Universe S02E16 The Hunt [Spoilers]

Options
  • 12-04-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

Very good episode tonight again tonight, nice mix of action and humour as well as some extended screen time with Token Black Guy, the only weak bits were the moments between Blondie and Female Scientist.

Eurgh, poll fail. Can a passing mod add one please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

anyone got a link cannot find this anywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Solid ep! Really enjoyed the Rush/Eli/Brody joke sideplot! Brought it back a little closer to the antics of SG1.

Hate the overuse of that blurry, off-colour alien view thing when it's stalking the humans! It's just annoying to me personally.

Some good character development here, especially Greer(fast becoming my fav character) and showing at least a little dev for minor characters(Park and Volker)
    Good to see Rush has a sense of humour now, if a little bit sadistic...:rolleyes:

Also, it appears that every lucian alliance member bar TJ's man is completely expendable! :D

EDIT: Oh and I forgot! FINALLY A FRAKKIN PLANET!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

Liked this episode as well. Some decent character development, a little bit of action and a bit of new tech (albeit what we already know). It's just hard to get the thought that it's all pointless out of my mind, now that the show is cancelled, .

Guess the
    stasis pods
    will come in handy in the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Meh, only picked up pace till the last 15 mins and that was really just character development.

Couldnt help but feel the whole episode long that there is a huge early ancient starship that yer all flying around in , thats as of yet mostly unexplored and I am left watching a hunting trip gone wrong instead of the myriad of proper sci fi story lines that could be taking place?

Seems like the writers literally will try ANY story line possible other than anything that involves the ancients, exploring destiny or the mission of destiny.

Hate episodes like this that do nothing to expand on the destiny or the mission. Great , character development..... thats not why I started watching the stargate franchise or SGU.

"Hey we found stasis pods!"...."whoa there is an ancient in one" now why not in gods name not have that as a story line instead of this pissing about in a Forrest hunting a cgi alien mountain lion?
    ... yada yada yada.. ancient went into the stasis pod after being mortally wounded on the destiny construction... yada yada yada threat emerges putting destiny in peril... yada yada yada ancient has just enough time / strength to tell the crew about a cool ancient bit of tech destiny has.. yada yada .. awesome cgi space battle... ancient dies - roll credits. Would have been much better, weave the same greer / rush development into the story and it would have had the same effect but been far more entertaining.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Average, Stargate: Romance, could have done without the lovey dovey stuff...isin't scientist chick a serial shagger?, i thought in season one she bonked half the ship!, good man Greer!....he got in there before dufus mop head could declare his love.

Rush, didn't he deliberately put yer man in stasis?...seemed that way, Rush using the crew as ginuea pigs again, he pure snakey!

But the main arc with animals and lairs...meh, very average ep. overall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Poor young.. he looks like man whos had his balls cut off

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Why did the bear creatures capture 2 characters and then just kill everyone after that? They didn't even seem to care when the non-main characters were pulled away.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

hightower1 wrote: »
    Meh, only picked up pace till the last 15 mins and that was really just character development.

Couldnt help but feel the whole episode long that there is a huge early ancient starship that yer all flying around in , thats as of yet mostly unexplored and I am left watching a hunting trip gone wrong instead of the myriad of proper sci fi story lines that could be taking place?

Seems like the writers literally will try ANY story line possible other than anything that involves the ancients, exploring destiny or the mission of destiny.

Hate episodes like this that do nothing to expand on the destiny or the mission. Great , character development..... thats not why I started watching the stargate franchise or SGU.

"Hey we found stasis pods!"...."whoa there is an ancient in one" now why not in gods name not have that as a story line instead of this pissing about in a Forrest hunting a cgi alien mountain lion?
    ... yada yada yada.. ancient went into the stasis pod after being mortally wounded on the destiny construction... yada yada yada threat emerges putting destiny in peril... yada yada yada ancient has just enough time / strength to tell the crew about a cool ancient bit of tech destiny has.. yada yada .. awesome cgi space battle... ancient dies - roll credits. Would have been much better, weave the same greer / rush development into the story and it would have had the same effect but been far more entertaining.

I agree with you for the most part, however they did state that this was a newly accessible section of the ship, I took from this it was previously unable to have life-support, and this is now repaired. I think we will see more of this as the robot repairs section of the ship... O hold on, we wont the shows been canceled!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Certainly not the bet episode. I'm assuming if this was a full 5 season Arc as was planned, that the pods would be used to at some point allow them to go through a harmfully radiated part of space or a prolonged period without a stop between galaxies again or something, but pointless now really.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

I really enjoyed this ep

the rush/eli/other scientist dude plot really made it feel more like SG1 and actually going onto a planet also made it feel this way. I love Greer, he is quickly becoming my favourite character, it was still a little slow but loved the ep all the same.

I agree with some of the other posters though in the way that it would have been a hell of alot interesting if there was an ancient stuck in one of the status pods.

all and all, each episode makes me very sad that the show is ending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

I liked it. Was a bit slow though. I would've preferred though if they went without the love story part of the episode and did the original story that was meant for this episode. This episode was meant to be TJ's backstory but they got rid of that because the episode was too long

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

DingChavez wrote: »
    Why did the bear creatures capture 2 characters and then just kill everyone after that? They didn't even seem to care when the non-main characters were pulled away.

Yeah was a bit poor tbh. Maybe the fact that it was the juveniles that attacked the LA people?

Can someone tell me what ep did they actually send the robot to do work??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

They talked about it once or twice but thats it.
    Its essentially just a tool for the writers...

.... episode unrelated to destiny....

.... "Oh the robot has finished fixing life support in X section", episode about destiny.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I think possibly one of the most interesting things about that episode was Rush trying out the stasis pod (yes craicin joke) but then when he released (I wanna say it was Brody stuck in it?) Rush goes "interesting, best not to do that" or something along those lines basically saying oh **** there's gonna be side effects or implying they're not really working. now that's a storyline they could very well investigate!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Yeah was a bit poor tbh. Maybe the fact that it was the juveniles that attacked the LA people?

They used it in Sabotage. Season one episode sixteen. That was also the episode in which we first see the beautiful Amanda Perry.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

hightower1 wrote: »
    They talked about it once or twice but thats it.
    Its essentially just a tool for the writers...

.... "Oh the robot has finished fixing life support in X section", episode about destiny.....

I belive if you actually watch Sabotage you'll see it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Dont know why people keep giving out about the love/romance stories in SGU.
    SG1 and atlantis both had them. Half of the initial plot of SG1 was Daniel joining the stargate program to go after his wife. Then you had Carter and O'Neill, Carter and was it an FBI guy, Teal'c and his missus got good air time then you had Tela and her husband and then the Ronan, Dr Keller and Mackay love triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Not that it matters anymore but the ratings went back over 1 million for this ep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Conor108 wrote: »
    Not that it matters anymore but the ratings went back over 1 million for this ep.

^ due to the Being Human season finale, BH boosted SGU....says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

ok episode. Good to see the lucian alliance actually doing something for once, that wasn't just sitting around a room looking broody.

The soldier who was trapped with TJ was such a whiny mess. I thought the SG program would only recruit the best of the best.

Love story wasn't particular interesting, but I didn't detest it.

SGU is not perfect, but there are far worse things out there, and I'm sorry it's not being given a chance to find it's feet properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement