Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cybermart Testing Centre ??

• 12-04-2011 4:03pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to do the CompTIA A+ computer exams in Waterford. Cybermart on gladstone street is listed as a test centre but i thought that was just an Internet Cafe :confused: Has anyone done the exams there or if not where in Waterford can they be done ?? I searched the internet already and got no information to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

yeah that guy in gladstone street does the exams. he used to be down by the park but moved up there last year i think.

i did my comptia in there, tis the right place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

KingLoser wrote: »
    yeah that guy in gladstone street does the exams. he used to be down by the park but moved up there last year i think.

Cheers for that good news :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Do you know if it matters who is your exam "sponsor" regards where you do the exam? I'm currently doing the A+ through FAS and they use New Horizons who are based in Dublin and Galway. Obviously I'd prefer sitting the exam locally.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Adyx wrote: »
    Do you know if it matters who is your exam "sponsor" regards where you do the exam? I'm currently doing the A+ through FAS and they use New Horizons who are based in Dublin and Galway. Obviously I'd prefer sitting the exam locally.

I'm doing mine through Fas as well and it was the girl from New Horizons that told me about Cybermart, so i would presume they are linked in some way. According to her the test can done in Cybermart.

I'm doing mine through Fas as well and it was the girl from New Horizons that told me about Cybermart, so i would presume they are linked in some way. According to her the test can done in Cybermart.

Excellent. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Did you just drop in to the place and book the test or did you ring them ??? Reason i'm asking is that i'm looking to find a date to do the exam but there is no answer on the number i am calling. Also on the official Prometric website when i try to book a date it says try another test centre :confused:

Are New Horizons not booking it for you? The impression I got from the mentors is that you email them when you're ready and they'll book the exams for you because they pay for it then claim the money back from FÁS.

Adyx wrote: »
    Are New Horizons not booking it for you? The impression I got from the mentors is that you email them when you're ready and they'll book the exams for you because they pay for it then claim the money back from FÁS.

Yes they do book it for you but they more or less told me that Waterford wasn't available and would i do the exam in Dublin. The reason i wanted to contact Cybermart was to confirm they had places so i could then say to New Horizons that there are places in Waterford available and give them a date and time that i wanted to do the test.

Advertisement