Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone read The Dark Fields

Options
  • 12-04-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

by Alan Glynn? I saw Limitless the other night which is based on it. The film was pretty average but I like the premise. Is the book worth picking up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

I read the book and really enjoyed it - I thought it was a clever plot idea and a decent story. I haven't seen the film but from the reviews it seems like the book has a slightly different storyline so its not like you will know everyhting that is going to happen from having watched the film.

I read his other book Winterland and thought that was good too - there aren't much similiarties between the two though other than both being good thrillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

DMG 1972 wrote: »
    I read the book and really enjoyed it - I thought it was a clever plot idea and a decent story. I haven't seen the film but from the reviews it seems like the book has a slightly different storyline so its not like you will know everyhting that is going to happen from having watched the film.

I read his other book Winterland and thought that was good too - there aren't much similiarties between the two though other than both being good thrillers.

Cheers, I'll pick a copy up. To be fair the film is actually quite enjoyable. Bradley Cooper is pretty good in the lead role. The effects and the camera work are brilliant in parts.

Advertisement