Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this the worst thing for a guy to hear

• 12-04-2011 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

When a girl says that "it was a bloody nightmare" the fact she snogged you the night before. Now i'm hearing this from a third party who was the person who invited me to this drink up and i end up meeting her friend and now all i hear from this girl is that the girl i met has said this. But the fact she accepted me as a friend on facebook and the girl i met has talked to me since. so i don't know if its B.S or not.

My confindence took a bit of a knock cause of this:( Have any of you guys been is this situation before and why the hell does this girl bring it up all the time that it wa such a bad time for her friend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

what age are you?
    was drink involved?
    do you consider you were giving her "your best"?

Is the girl who invited your for a drink single? was she hoping you were going to get with her at the party?

To be honest, she sounds like a cow, even if her friend said that, there was absolutely no need to pass it on to you verbatim. It sounds to me like there might be a touch of jealousy there but obviously that's me surmising from a couple of lines of info :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Stimpson,who what when,posts deleted.Keep the AH replies to AH.

Cheers,
    OD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

she'd hardly keep up contact afterwards if she thought it was a nightmare. Don't jump the gun too quickly here, could be a mix-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

Stimpson,who what when,posts deleted.Keep the AH replies to AH.

Cheers,
    OD.

:confused: I was giving a genuine answer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

:confused: I was giving a genuine answer!

Sure you were.

The OP asked for advice not smart arsed answers.Read our charter before posting.

Cheers,
    OD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

go to the source and ask. 1 of 2 things going on:

1) she did say it, maybe to appear "cool" or maybe it's true that she wasn't too happy. If that's the case it's a good excuse to meet up again for practice and or improvements. Treat it as a reason to meet again anyway ;)

2) She didn't say it. You feel better, and she knows her "friend" is talking horse manure behind her back and trying to upset things with you.

g'wan, blast right in and ask, nice and dynamic. End the chinese whispers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ask her if she'd like to meet up for a drink or go to the cinema etc with you!

If she says 'yes' it's highly unlikely she said you were a 'nightmare'!

If she says 'no' it's best to leave it go, nothing more will be happening!

However she may have said that anyway but people can be strange like that. I once remember a mate of mine got off with a girl one night that he was working with in his part time job, his reaction the next day was "I can't believe I went off with that yoke!"......they have been with each other now for 14 years, married with kids!

Don't ask me why he said it, he obviously liked her but sometimes human nature can be very, very strange indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

If you didn't hear it from the girl you snogged, pretend you didn't hear it at all and carry on as you would have done. Jealousy, immaturity, manipulation and good old fashioned bitchiness make people say some odd, horrid, untrue things. My money's on your mate's comments coming under one of those headings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

who was the person who invited me to this drink up and i end up meeting her friend
    why the hell does this girl bring it up all the time that it wa such a bad time for her friend?
    Girl A invites you to party. You get with Girl B. Girl A then says Girl B thought it was bad, it was bad, IT WAS BAD, IT WAS BAD, IT WAS VERY VERY BAD, OMG IT WAS BAD... so I'm thinking, as said before, Girl A brought you along to get it on with you, but as you got it on with Girl B, Girl A is trying to say that Girl B didn't like it.

I'm also thinking Girl A may have said something similar to Girl B, so I'd advise you to get in contact with Girl B pronto, and ignore Girl A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

I'd be more annoyed at the girl who told you what she said. She could have at least toned it down a bit. No need to go crushing people, unless she is jealous. It could be the case but you might know more than this.

I wouldn't let it get you down. If she snogged you and is now saying it's a bloody nightmare then it just goes to show that she's probably a bit of a losse canon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

I'd be more annoyed at the girl who told you what she said. She could have at least toned it down a bit. No need to go crushing people, unless she is jealous. It could be the case but you might know more than this.

I wouldn't let it get you down. If she snogged you and is now saying it's a bloody nightmare then it just goes to show that she's probably a bit of a losse canon.

I get the vibe it was that really, that she bought me along to get together and i end up meeting someone else making her look stupid. The way she says it is like "No girl would touch you" kind of thing very hurtful.

Ah it just bothers me cause its the first girl i meet in a while (been a bit ill lately) and she kind of spoiled it. I only heard bad things coming from the Girl who invited me not from the girl i met, who i talked to on Facebook. So i think its a bit of jealously myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

If you didn't hear it from the girl you snogged, pretend you didn't hear it at all and carry on as you would have done. Jealousy, immaturity, manipulation and good old fashioned bitchiness make people say some odd, horrid, untrue things. My money's on your mate's comments coming under one of those headings.

oh i think its Jealousy and Immaturity. I just heard it from the Girl who invited me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

I wouldnt over think the fact that she accepted you on facebook. People like to keep up appearances that they love everyone!I could be wrong though but ya know yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

My thoughts exactly, all is fair in love and war. I wouldnt be surprised if there was jealousy or manipulation involved in this. So much can be taken out of context after nights out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

+1, both girls sound like too much hassle. The one who told you especially, she's not being a friend to either person, and is doing little more than bitching and gossiping, hidden behind a veil of "friendship".
    If I was you I'd be willing to chat to the one you kissed, and cut out the middle-messenger. could be a number of reasons she's acting like that, such as jealousy, greediness, issues with you or her, etc etc.

Advertisement