Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 California

Options
  • 12-04-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey me and two of my other friends are heading over to California for the summer, were looking at newport beach/ costa mesa.If anyone has any previous experience with these places could they give me any tips?:P and if anyone else is heading over there would they be interested in sharing accomodation? so it would be cheaper for all of us, were not wierdos or anything just looking for others who will want to have a good time and beer as much as us :o:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Those areas are very poser-ish and pricey to live in, rents especially. I've spent a lot of time around Laguna Beach just up the coast (family connections) and we go down to Newport a fair bit.

Rents are cheaper if you consider moving inland..maybe somewhere around Irvine...but there's less scope for fun.

I take it you've got ID sorted if you're planning to party ;) Orange County is the most conservative area in California believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SherryChem

Yeah were looking at Irvine for accomodation,still a bit pricy but it will do.
    Do you have any idea about the job situation over there?:D
    Were all fine for id seen as were 21 haha.
    Do u have any idea hoe far Irvine is from Newport..heard thats the place to party?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You may have better luck posting in the US forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=917

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

SherryChem wrote: »
    Yeah were looking at Irvine for accomodation,still a bit pricy but it will do.
    Do you have any idea about the job situation over there?:D
    Were all fine for id seen as were 21 haha.
    Do u have any idea hoe far Irvine is from Newport..heard thats the place to party?:o

There's a big shopping mall at Irvine Spectrum and then there's Fashion Island in Newport maybe they might be a good place to start.

Accommodation wise, check out the long stay apart-hotels around Irvine, I seem to remember plenty of them.

In the summer you'll find parties in any of the beach towns, Newport seems to have a younger crowd than Laguna.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SherryChem

Thanks so much. I'l start looking now!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

not easy to get work there, especially on a visa - it's not the most cosmopolitan part of the States, employers may be reluctant. Santa Ana is a lot cheaper for rents, not as safe as the other areas though.

Advertisement