Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling broadband email?

Options
  • 12-04-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hello!

I'm just curious if anyone out there has the email address for cancellation of Eircom broadband. I phoned today and was given an address (phonecancellations@eircom.net) but my emails weren't able to be delivered. I am sad to be leaving Eircom - my internet service has been great - but unfortunately will be moving out of the country soon.

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

AliCat9 wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm just curious if anyone out there has the email address for cancellation of Eircom broadband. I phoned today and was given an address (phonecancellations@eircom.net) but my emails weren't able to be delivered. I am sad to be leaving Eircom - my internet service has been great - but unfortunately will be moving out of the country soon.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi AliCat9
    if you DM me your line no will send alternative address immed.
    Thanks for your kind words and hope your move goes well.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Hi AliCat9
    if you DM me your line no will send alternative address immed.
    Thanks for your kind words and hope your move goes well.
    Tony

I'm trying to cancel also, as I am moving. That email address doesn't work for me either! What is the proper email address please?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Just found out its phonecancellations@eircom.ie.

Beggars belief that the Eircom Rep Tony just couldn't post it!

mrgardener wrote: »
    Just found out its phonecancellations@eircom.ie.

Beggars belief that the Eircom Rep Tony just couldn't post it!

Hi mrgardener
    Yes can see how that looks. Basically there are quite a few departments which deal with customer requests, and as cancellations can be two-fold process (line and broadband) before issuing internal emails I prefer to ascertain exactly what service / section best suits customer.
    The email you have provided for example is not correct email if cancelling broadband.
    The correct procedure to cancel broadband is to call our customer services on 1901 and request cancellation, which the original poster has done, as I am not aware of the specific internal email address offered to the customer I offered to take contact details and check for her.
    Hope this makes a little sense:)

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eoghan84

I've been trying to cancel my eircom account for two weeks now, and I rang eircom a couple of times and they told me to send an email to phonecancellations@eircom.ie if what Tony Eircom is saying is true, I'm still stuck in another two weeks into this nightmare of an eircom package.

If anyone makes any progress with cancelling their broadband and telephone package, I would greatly appreciate some advice about how to get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Oriental Doll

Ah, not happy with Eircom customer service. I rang yesterday at 5.10pm to notify them that I am going to cancel my broadband service but the customer service representative told me that the cancellation department is closed and I need to call back again 9-5 today. I rang again today at 10 am and I was told that the they only open Monday-Friday 9am to 9pm but yesterday was Friday and I rang just after 5pm. It's so typical that it's always easy to reach their sales department but it's different story when you're going to cancel their service. Disappointing disappointing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I rang up to cancel my broadband yesterday and was told to send an email to broadbandcancellations@eircom.ie

I got a reply from it saying I need to send account holders name,
    Account no.,
    Phone no.,
    Mobile no.,
    And a cancellation letter

Itll be a miracle if it goes smoothly

The best of luck!!!

Inbox wrote: »
    I rang up to cancel my broadband yesterday and was told to send an email to broadbandcancellations@eircom.ie

I got a reply from it saying I need to send account holders name,
    Account no.,
    Phone no.,
    Mobile no.,
    And a cancellation letter

Itll be a miracle if it goes smoothly

Many thanks for your information. I have just sent them an email with all the details they required. Hopefully the request will be processed smoothly.

Many thanks again.

Many thanks for your information. I have just sent them an email with all the details they required. Hopefully the request will be processed smoothly.

Many thanks again.

Hi Inbox and Oriental Doll

If you do have any problem with this process or if you experience any delay just PM me your details and I will chase for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 thesraid

I rang Eircom a month ago and asked to cancel my account as I'm leaving Ireland. They said email the address mentioned in this mail but no one got back to me. Is it definitely working?

I'm in Candaa now and still receiving emails regarding bills.

thesraid wrote: »
    I rang Eircom a month ago and asked to cancel my account as I'm leaving Ireland. They said email the address mentioned in this mail but no one got back to me. Is it definitely working?

I'm in Candaa now and still receiving emails regarding bills.

Hi theraid
    if you PM me your account details I can check into this for you.
    Tony

Hi Inbox and Oriental Doll

If you do have any problem with this process or if you experience any delay just PM me your details and I will chase for you.
    Tony

Thanks Tony. I have just PM'ed you.

Cheers.

Thanks Tony. I have just PM'ed you.

Cheers.

Hi Oriental Doll
    have recieved that now and should have answer for you a bit later.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Do you need a letter aswell as the email? For just cancelling the phone, I've no other eircom services.

BostonB wrote: »
    Do you need a letter aswell as the email? For just cancelling the phone, I've no other eircom services.

Hi BostonB
    no letter necessary, once you have called 1901 and emailed cancellations your account will closed for you.
    If you have any further query just PM me your details ( ie. tel. no / account number).
    Hope answers your query.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Thanks. All done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eoghan84

hey guys, good news my account is cancelled. I sent an email to cancel.

It took loads (upon loads) of phone calls as initially the cancellation was not set in motion from the date that the email was received but I was able to forward a copy of the email with the proper date and it all finally happened. Also when I would ring the cancellations department once I rang at half four. I was delayed waiting for 25 minutes and then they said it was almost five so they were closing for the weekend! Seen as I had to ring from work, it really cost me a good bit of credit.

But good news anyway I got my last bill as a Eircom customer.

My advice is to email, make sure youve got the address right and all your details. Then ring up a few days later to check with the department. Ring during the morning time on a weekday and ring again to make sure its happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

eoghan84 wrote: »
    hey guys, good news my account is cancelled. I sent an email to cancel.

It took loads (upon loads) of phone calls as initially the cancellation was not set in motion from the date that the email was received but I was able to forward a copy of the email with the proper date and it all finally happened. Also when I would ring the cancellations department once I rang at half four. I was delayed waiting for 25 minutes and then they said it was almost five so they were closing for the weekend! Seen as I had to ring from work, it really cost me a good bit of credit.

But good news anyway I got my last bill as a Eircom customer.

My advice is to email, make sure youve got the address right and all your details. Then ring up a few days later to check with the department. Ring during the morning time on a weekday and ring again to make sure its happening.

Hi eoghan84,

Thanks for contacting eircom on boards.

Let me know if I can help you still with your email account.

Kind regards
    Ant

Hi Oriental Doll
    have recieved that now and should have answer for you a bit later.
    Tony

Thanks Tony for all your help. Could you please confirm if both the both land-line and broadband will be stopped at the same time as I did email Eirecom to cancel both bot they only mentioned the broadband in the reply.

Thanks a mil.

• Advertisement

Thanks Tony for all your help. Could you please confirm if both the both land-line and broadband will be stopped at the same time as I did email Eirecom to cancel both bot they only mentioned the broadband in the reply.

Thanks a mil.

Hi Oriental Doll

I have requested this info and should have update for you soon.
    Tony

Thanks a mil.

Hi Oriental Doll
    yes, confirmation received ..This account will be fully ceased on 10th June 2011.
    Hope all goes well, let me know if not.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

The correct procedure to cancel broadband is to call our customer services on 1901 and request cancellation
    if I can't speak, dumb for example. Eircom MUST provide alternatives to cancel broadband or other services. Could somebody advise me, how can i cancel eircom services in writing?

if I can't speak, dumb for example. Eircom MUST provide alternatives to cancel broadband or other services. Could somebody advise me, how can i cancel eircom services in writing?

HI KindOfIrish

if a customer was unable to speak or write we could certainly arrange someone to contact the customer and aid in arranging any request for them.
    Customer could contact us on our online forums , our contact us page on twitter or here on Boards.ie

However we would have to go through the same proceedure as the customer and speak with the 1901 section in order to cancel service and finalise account details.

If you are unable to make this call for any reason let me know, DM me your details and I can advise on your own particular case.

I hope this answers your query.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rofenia

I am reading all these postings and my last few months is starting to make sense. Eircom Tony seems the only person wanting/able to help with cancellations.
    Here's my story....

Phoned 1901 in March and spoke to CS agent. Advised him I wanted to cancel phone and broadband. He tells me I must do so in writing and post it to:

Eircom Account Administration Unit
    Unit 6B
    Westgate Business Park
    Ballymount
    Dublin 24

I posted my request to thsi address and heard nothing back; I gave them a month as I was also told by CS guy that I must give 30 days notice. That was 60 days ago and still nothing back.

I got my latest bill (yes I am still being billed) and saw an email address called canwehelp@eircom.ie - sounds promising. I emailed them and I've pasted the response I got below...

Thank you for your email

We have no record of your request to cancel phone line and broadband.
    Unfortunately your cessation request is not something I can assist you with.

You can forward your request to following e mail address Phonecancellations@eircom.ie or submit your request in writing.

Kind Regards,

So no, they cannot help me. I have forwarded my request on to Phonecancellations@eircom.ie so fingers crossed.

I have been a loyal eircom customer for many years and I'm really disappointed that when I ask for something I get ignored....

EIRCOM - please help me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Rofenia wrote: »
    I am reading all these postings and my last few months is starting to make sense. Eircom Tony seems the only person wanting/able to help with cancellations.
    Here's my story....

Phoned 1901 in March and spoke to CS agent. Advised him I wanted to cancel phone and broadband. He tells me I must do so in writing and post it to:

Eircom Account Administration Unit
    Unit 6B
    Westgate Business Park
    Ballymount
    Dublin 24

I posted my request to thsi address and heard nothing back; I gave them a month as I was also told by CS guy that I must give 30 days notice. That was 60 days ago and still nothing back.

I got my latest bill (yes I am still being billed) and saw an email address called canwehelp@eircom.ie - sounds promising. I emailed them and I've pasted the response I got below...

Thank you for your email

We have no record of your request to cancel phone line and broadband.
    Unfortunately your cessation request is not something I can assist you with.

You can forward your request to following e mail address Phonecancellations@eircom.ie or submit your request in writing.

Kind Regards,

So no, they cannot help me. I have forwarded my request on to Phonecancellations@eircom.ie so fingers crossed.

I have been a loyal eircom customer for many years and I'm really disappointed that when I ask for something I get ignored....

EIRCOM - please help me

Hi Rofenia,

Can you PM your tel no: , account number and the e-mail address you sent the cancelation e-mail from and I can chase that up for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rofenia

Thanks Mark - just sent on the details to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 100

Hi,

I have the similar problem, I am leaving the country next month and still no reply from Eircom on cancellation request! Called 1901 again today, got the same "send a written notice" (what, again!?) and also this time got a new story that I have to pay another month in advance (no kidding!!!!) after it’s cancelled! Where does this come from??

Isn’t there any straightforward way to cancel on a month notice as per the T&C :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

100 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have the similar problem, I am leaving the country next month and still no reply from Eircom on cancellation request! Called 1901 again today, got the same "send a written notice" (what, again!?) and also this time got a new story that I have to pay another month in advance (no kidding!!!!) after it’s cancelled! Where does this come from??

Isn’t there any straightforward way to cancel on a month notice as per the T&C :mad:

Hi 100,

Can you send on your eircom account number and confirm which address you sent the cancellation request to and I will chase it up.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 100

Hi 100,

Can you send on your eircom account number and confirm which address you sent the cancellation request to and I will chase it up.

Thanks, Mark

Just did. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Advertisement