Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netbook repair

• 12-04-2011 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good netbook/laptop repair shop?

I have an acer one and the touchpad is not working.

Thanks

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i dont, but you sure you just havent locked it ! there's usually a trackpad lock button on the keyboard, it could be a combination of 2 keys....

you dont want to pay someone 80 bucks, to tell you he had to open it, when all he did was unlock it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

iPwnage wrote: »
    i dont, but you sure you just havent locked it ! there's usually a trackpad lock button on the keyboard, it could be a combination of 2 keys....

you dont want to pay someone 80 bucks, to tell you he had to open it, when all he did was unlock it :D

nope the laptop calved and i had to restore it and the trackpad hasnt worked since...

ok, cool,

sounds like a driver is missing so, try the netbook manufacture's website, they usually supply the drivers there for you also, ....hopefully that will sort it, i mean there is nothing mechanical in a trackpad that could go wrong, so i'm sure its software related

drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Sounds like a driver issue,if you're sure its not I have a mate who does repairs.
    Hes good and reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mcarrol2

A USB mouse is also an option, might be cheaper than a repair job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

got this sported lads...driver was missing after the restore....

windows is ghey...

that is all

now...how to put ubuntu on this baby...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

When you're finished modding your netbook, will you come back to modding Boards? :pac:

got this sported lads...driver was missing after the restore....

windows is ghey...

that is all

now...how to put ubuntu on this baby...

ya man, ubuntu all the way ! mint is my choice,
    glad you sorted it

Advertisement