Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It would be more fun for everybody if you stayed there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Sad to hear that hotel repo. story. Sign of the times I know but they seemed to have put their lives into the place.

On the programme, it beats me why so many listener responses were of the "we bailed the banks out", "this country sucks" variety considering that Bank of Scotland re-possessed the premises and ordered its sale, with Allsop's - another British firm - conducting the auction.

We bailed out enough of our "own" banks, I don't recall BOS doing much else except for hauling their asses out of here when the Tiger keeled over.

edit: just switched back when I read Tubbs was on. :) the lovefest must be gawk-inducing....."RTE - vice is nice, but incest is best"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Oh just fupp off Tubridy... there's a reason why I dont turn on the radio at 9am.... Well two reasons, but John Murray isnt annoying me in the afternoon NOW..

Tubridy is great for supporting the Irish.. He stays in Irish hotels, buys Irish food, and takes 1 million euros a year from the Irish taxpayer for two crap shows...

STAY OVER THERE TUBRIDY..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

He just mentioned he is re-watching The West Wing in his spare time :rolleyes:

Mooney - "he's taking the Queens' Shilling"

He's taking a nice fat slice of the Republics' dwindling pot as well for what little he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i just couldnt feel sorry for the hotel couple and indeed felt incredibly manipulated by the show.

they fupped up.

it happens when your shyte at business.

the protestations of not being high fliers was the worst though.

you own a hotel !

its not exactly average is it , cant help thinking high flying in their book is something to do with seanie fitz or fingers.

lots of good business's went down the drain over the boom thanks to people arseing around with em and taking their eye off the core business. i get the feeling this was just another one of them.

i mean the fecking ratty (pub in rathmines, called the "stout bar" in the auction) was a part of that latest auction along with its liscence and a three story over basement gaff .

how the fup do you run a pub into the ground in rathmines ?

yet those gobshytes managed that too.

with a bit of luck the new owners of BOTH premises will run em better. i dont wish hardship on the couple they but need to take responsibilty for their own actions instead of giving out about people at auctions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

But there were no negative comments on the show, dont ya know:p.Well derek probably didnt read out any of them except the one from Louise.

The reason he was on was to see if anyone could give him a job:eek:.

Well hello:( they are not the first business to go under, what makes these people different from others that have gone under?.Why couldn't the show bring on all the others too? Or what about all the other 400k people are also looking for a job?

I dont wish any badness for them and I hope something will come up, but yous are not unique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

with a bit of luck the new owners of BOTH premises will run em better. i dont wish hardship on the couple they but need to take responsibilty for their own actions instead of giving out about people at auctions.

As you were at the auction can you enlighten us as to who they gave out about at it?

Brek on bedwetting.

Mooney asks her if she ever did........class Derek. :o

Maybe next time the Grimes Twins are featured on the MS you might tell us about the state of YOUR sheets the following morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The word is "self-deprecating" Derek :rolleyes:

Dear god are you listening to this sh1te... RTE are the best... Tubridy is the best...

Derek doesn't like knockers.......

Dear god are you listening to this sh1te... RTE are the best... Tubridy is the best...

I bet the person who sent that message is called Mrs Tubridy.

Derek driving his own agenda again... And a populist politician who agrees with him... Is this supposed to be objective, balanced broadcasting... I detected a small bit of fear in Derek's voice when Adams first come on..

The Shinners playing puc fada?? Who were they hitting and how far they puc him?

• Advertisement

Brek getting a bit carried away too i notice.

Someone should tell her that any shenanigans regarding civil partnerships - gay or otherwise - happening in the vicinity of Befast City Hall have little impact on "this State" (I note she was careful to use Shinnerspeak :)) one way or the other.

Bet he won't ask Gerry if he wet the bed when he was sleeping around in a different home every night.

New version of 'on the runs' maybe

Tell us about Jean,Gerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

but he loves tits,.....Blue tits

Mooney is after a niche market these days... Gay republicans who liked JEdward..

• Advertisement

Tell us about Jean,Gerry

Telling us now of anniversaries of fallen 'comrades', Gerry might need to be reminded that come December of this year it will be 40 years since Jean McConville was murdered.

Maybe he might organise a "white line protest" to remind us her killer has yet to face justice.

"we'll send you a Mooney jacket"..

has he not enough targets on his back?

Stop slobbering Brek, there's dribble dripping from my radio.

I love the anti-gay wind up texts:)

"I never said what way I stand on gay marriage"...

Dear god, first we have Gerry Adams who wasnt in Sinn Fein, and now we have Derek Mooney who doesnt know where he stands on gay marriage? ... Denial Wednesday, today on Mooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

I love the anti-gay wind up texts:)

".....i think i'll text Mooney just to wind him up....."

O'Reilly.jpg

45+ minutes of national radio airtime spent driving the presenters' own agenda(s).

Joe Duffy must be raging with jealousy......what am I saying, Kim Jong Un must be wondering why he can't get as much time to push his ideology on RTNK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

He likes moobs :rolleyes::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Missed the early part of the show, did he ask Gerry about his bed wetting experiences?

It's pretty cynical of Gerry Adams all the same, not that you would expect much better from Sinn Féin... Last week Enda Kenny caused controversy by sitting on the fence with regard to the issue of gay marriage, and completely coincidentally this week Gerry Adams appears on RTE's Gay Radio magazine telling the nation that he is pro gay marriage....

And I dont think Derek even realises he's been used as a pawn, I think he just happy enough to get somebody high profile to drive his agenda..

• Advertisement

Was that you Jon who sent in the text saying about the show being a Gay agenda?:D

Just listening to the podcast with Gerry Adams and when Bren was speaking, Gerry just seemed to ignore what she said and addressed Derek afterwards:D.

Bren doesnt know much about hurling either after giving the answer to the question about DJ Carey, she said they would know that in Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

lol, a discussion about Shawshank Redemption and Mooney starts on about the movie Philadelphia instead. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Wtf is Brek's purpose on this car-crash show? Official Village Idiot?

Mooney is plugging his "Mooneytunes" concert, Mr. Know-it-all Richard is playing an aria that was used in "The Shawshank Redemption", more specifically the part of the movie where 'Andy' gets hold of the prison P.A. mike and plays an opera piece which transfixes the inmates and guards in the yard...Mooney tries some smart-ass remark that goes flat and then Brek....She has to fill the silence by opening her trap to inform the nation that "Tim Robinson was fab'lus in dash fillum", quickly corrected by the Brains Trust she then flustered about looking for an exit saying "I meant the Irish fella in that picture... Morgan Freeman"

Not for the first time, jesus wept!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

How much longer will RTE let this farce go on for? It's an absolutely brutal show, but i still can't turn it off. It's an hour and a half of pure cringe moments.

I wonder how many people texted in to say that RTE should implement the same wage equalization program that that English business did. Given he's on over 200k, I'd say that there's no doubt that Mooney would be a net contributor to the scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

europa11 wrote: »
    Wtf is Brek's purpose on this car-crash show? Official Village Idiot?

Mooney is plugging his "Mooneytunes" concert, Mr. Know-it-all Richard is playing an aria that was used in "The Shawshank Redemption", more specifically the part of the movie where 'Andy' gets hold of the prison P.A. mike and plays an opera piece which transfixes the inmates and guards in the yard...Mooney tries some smart-ass remark that goes flat and then Brek....She has to fill the silence by opening her trap to inform the nation that "Tim Robinson was fab'lus in dash fillum", quickly corrected by the Brains Trust she then flustered about looking for an exit saying "I meant the Irish fella in that picture... Morgan Freeman"

Not for the first time, jesus wept!
    There is a line in the film where Andy asks Red how he got his name, Red, played by Freeman says "maybe its because I'm Irish".

Think she deserves the benefit of the doubt just this once;)

It is an interesting concept with companies doing this sort of initiative.There is always greedy people though who refuse to play ball. Politicians are a prime example re in the public eye.

I think it is a very good experiment and should be tried in more companies (that are left :D).

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/show-me-your-money/4od#3381971

Mooney beating his drum again today.. It's getting ridiculous that they try to present this show as not having any agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mooney beating his drum again today.. It's getting ridiculous that they try to present this show as not having any agenda.

When a topic starts with Elton John its going one way really.

• Advertisement

Well this chap has certainly given me enough anecdotal evidence to prove to me that it should be written into law..

haha, angry Swallow texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

was todays show sponsered by GLEN ?

:D

love the notion you can ask someone who never had something if they thought they missed out on not having it.

also theres NO way he only got one text agin it !

section 31 for straight people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

was todays show sponsered by GLEN ?

:D

love the notion you can ask someone who never had something if they thought they missed out on not having it.

also theres NO way he only got one text agin it !

section 31 for straight people :D

Bang on. Particularly as the blue rinse brigade were most likely still listening in after Liveline...

Another Mooney rant today. "I take everybody's opinions on board, but I'm still right".

Haha, glad I turned over. Mooney on his soapbox again, whingey moaning whiner. :D

• Advertisement

He's always slapping down his listeners when they complain about g@y topics. Does he have any idea of the age group of his average listener?

it's like scolding your grandad for not liking The Prodigy.

more anti gay wind up texts:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Derek is getting very touchy! :pac: At least he is reading out some of the critical texts

miketv wrote: »
    Derek is getting very touchy! :pac: At least he is reading out some of the critical texts

That's cos they're ALL critical...:D

That has No 1 written all over it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement