Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Skid X wrote: »
    All the Northern Ireland Boxers always fought for Ireland, regardless of creed or belief.

Either way, he was always a great fighter and a great ambassador for Ireland and Boxing.

True Skid, but he wasn't a Northern Ireland boxer, as such.
    Anyway, it's something that used to annoy me a bit at the time. We didn't have too many sports stars down here back then. Britain had plenty of them. I would have preferred if he'd nailed his colours to the Republic of Ireland mast, instead of being ambivalent about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

True Skid, but he wasn't a Northern Ireland boxer, as such.
    Anyway, it's something that used to annoy me a bit at the time. We didn't have too many sports stars down here back then. Britain had plenty of them. I would have preferred if he'd nailed his colours to the Republic of Ireland mast, instead of being ambivalent about it.

Fair point, Harry. I don't really agree with you to be honest but I know what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

He made me pretty ashamed to be Irish when he refused to shake Steve Cruz's hand after the match in Las Vegas in 1986. I was at that match and we were mortified when he rebuffed the outstretched sporting hand of Cruz. We shook the hands of all the Cruz team afterwards and they were very appreciative of us (who in fairness had spent a lot of money to go to that match).

Then he began whinging which lasted for an awful long time.

I lost the "luv" for Barry after that evening.

If I hear one more version of Danny Boy, I'll throw my radio out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Mooney: "Oh I remember Fernando...heh heh heh!!!"
    Loves the oul gay double entendre:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ranting and raving again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Let's hope ABBA aren't going to release a history of the band because Paul G(I think) fecked that idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Eanna was restricted because they listen to the mooney show over there as well , her reputation preceded her

Lets see ill wrack my brains for a river like this , or I could get a life , I'm out , byeeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Again, Derek begins by pontificating about something he has no experience with, i.e. getting kids to fall asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'd sing the telephone directory if it helped my baby sleep! Such a non-topic!

If they want to get their kids to sleep, just play back The Mooney Show to them.

Ah, the campaign to get another RTE employee's child employed by the station is launched. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

oh. sweet. jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ah This take me back.

the ma lulling me to sleep with "smack my bitch up".

those were the days.

• Advertisement

My kids love Queen (We Will Rock You a big favourite) and Meat Loaf (though repeated exposure!) but we do play some pop stuff too in the car. When on the bike with my youngest, she sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on a loop. Bedtime consists of stories, not songs

Yakuza wrote: »
    My kids love Queen (We Will Rock You a big favourite) and Meat Loaf (though repeated exposure!) but we do play some pop stuff too in the car. When on the bike with my youngest, she sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on a loop. Bedtime consists of stories, not songs
    My 21 month old likes any lively music, including rock and traditional music.
    We don't sing at bedtime either, it doesn't calm him down!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

If they want to get their kids to sleep, just play back The Mooney Show to them.

I find a podcast of Richard usually does the trick..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ah, the campaign to get another RTE employee's child employed by the station is launched. :rolleyes:

He's more entertaining on the radio than lottie ryan!

What the fcuk am I listening to??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What the fcuk am I listening to??
    I don't even bother listening anymore. Usually Mooneys gay agenda or yer one from Kildare screeching about something or the Friday a holes pontificating.
    I had to give up....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

It's car crash radio. The cringe factor is off the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

It's car crash radio. The cringe factor is off the scale.
    AGAIN!!!!!:eek:

Eh, Richard, Kenya's not the tropics...

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

This lad currently on about Holst's the Planets is talking to Derek about the magic of Uranus, .... I have no words
    Actually he is pretty interesting to be fair :-)
    Holst's planets fella I mean, not Derek

Will Derek have the gumption to ask this chancer why he's on about debt recovery when he was around in the height of the boom encouraging people to buy, even apartments in the Cape Verde islands!

Will Derek have the gumption to ask this chancer why he's on about debt recovery when he was around in the height of the bomb encouraging people to buy, even apartments in the Cape Verde islands!

Economists, so-called "financial experts" and the media seem to have very short memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

In fairness, Eddie was one of the very few who foresaw the crash and I remember him warning us about the level of debt and how unsustainable it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

In fairness, Eddie was one of the very few who foresaw the crash and I remember him warning us about the level of debt and how unsustainable it was.

Ya after he made a fortune flogging apartments, he wrote book telling the same people it was only all a big bubble!

My heart bleeds for all these luvvies who are "between roles". If you want a steady job, get a steady job. End of.

• Advertisement

Of course Derek wasnst arsed to do a report for rte news over the weekend even though he's Been in Scotland all weekend , I know he's not a reporter but were paying him enough !

At least know it all isn't on , giving his amateur crash test investigators opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Oops69 wrote: »
    Of course Derek wasnst arsed to do a report for rte news over the weekend even though he's Been in Scotland all weekend , I know he's not a reporter but were paying him enough !

In fairness he covered the story with sensitivity on his own show today. Mooney is not a news reporter.

RTE already had 2 fully qualified news reporters covering the story in Glasgow over the weekend.

It would have looked odd if Mooney was filling reports too just because he happened to be in town that weekend. Unless he was on the scene when the incident occured, it would be inappropriate for someone better known for gameshows and light radio to cover such a tragic story.

If a similar incident occured in Dublin would we still expect him to cover the story or a journalist whose paid job it is to do so?

Mary Byrne again. It must be all of 5 minutes since she was last on The Mooney Show :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mary Byrne again. It must be all of 5 minutes since she was last on The Mooney Show :rolleyes:

Its getting sad at this stage. It used to be Jedward until he freaked them out. Wouldn't mind if she was any good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Free plugs all over the place.

yop wrote: »
    Its getting sad at this stage. It used to be Jedward until he freaked them out. Wouldn't mind if she was any good.

She's nothing more than a pub singer but neither she nor Mooney seem to realise this.

She's nothing more than a pub singer but neither she nor Mooney seem to realise this.
    She's a writer now, supposedly.

She's a writer now, supposedly.

Virginia Woolf is revolving in her grave.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lol, must be a mother figure for him.

Did someone say she is a now writing??? For the love of God!!!

Lol, must be a mother figure for him.

Did someone say she is a now writing??? For the love of God!!!
    Children's books, AND a detective novel.

I'd imagine that there are plenty of genuine writers who would kill to get that sort of publicity.

She's a philosopher and theologian now as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Her father was a handsome man and her mother was a beaut

the milkman wasn't much to look at so?

Mary Byrne sounds like Karen Carpenter! :eek:

Ahhhhh heeeeyyyyooorrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

She is like a tinker singing around the camp fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Children's books, AND a detective novel.

I'd imagine that there are plenty of genuine writers who would kill to get that sort of publicity.

They get it a few days before Christmas on Liveline when they all get to plug their vanity published drivel.

She is like a tinker singing around the camp fire
    She reminds me of the girls that used to sit and the back of the school bus and "sing" along to songs on the radio. But actually it was just showy-off shouting. THEY thought they were great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Mayerdy Button yet again.
    Those goons from Lucan should be back on soon too I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What did he do to Jedward?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mooney wants kids :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement